Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: greens  (Read 2333 times)

Offline doak

• Super Bee
greens
« on: October 15, 2007, 12:52:28 am »
Planted some purple top turnips, curly mustard, beets and rutabagas yesterday.
Have one pumpkin that didn't come soon enough and I don't think it will make before frost.
Have those jalapeno peppers to pick, and a hand full of dixie butter peas.
I start deer hunting Wednesday. ;)
doak

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: greens
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 10:36:41 am »
Doak, yum, yum yum.  I always love to hear of the vegies that people grow, it is wonderful to eat our own foods.  And to be a hunter, yeah!!!!  Good for you!!!  Enjoy your hunting experiences, wish I was there.  I wish that we had a hunter living with us, I love venison and the wild game.  My son-in-law's cousin is going hunting soon.  I hope he has got the hints that I would love to have a bunch of meat in my freezer too (I would look after his catch for him, no problem  :evil:, wouldn't even eat any  :evil:). Just kidding, I know he would be happy to give us some of his hard work and enjoyment that he had while hunting.  Yeah!!!!  I am grateful that I am an omnivore!!!  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, in our great ol' world.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything