Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New member in NE FL.  (Read 2144 times)

Offline richter1978

• House Bee
New member in NE FL.
« on: October 25, 2013, 06:00:04 pm »
I've been lurking on here for the better part of a year and figured its time to come out of hiding.  So far, searching has pretty much answered my questions.  I have learned so much from the many posts I have read,its a huge resource.  Hopefully I'll have something usefull to add here and there.

Anyway I love messing with bees. Its my and my wife's first season having bees other than my dad having a hive when I was about 5.  I have aspirations of sideliner, but I've got to learn to walk first.

Thanks for all the help!
                                                           -Andy-

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: New member in NE FL.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 07:55:17 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Richter.  You may want to join your local bee club also.  Go ahead and get ready for next spring, get you equipment and be ready to get some bees.  If I read correctly you don't have any bees yet.  You may get some local, buy a package or catch a swarm or two.  You are or are nearly hooked already.  Good luck.

Joe

Offline RC

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 09:51:59 pm »
Welcome to the forum. You'll enjoy it.
Where in God's Country are you located?

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 08:53:46 am »
Welcome to the group Andy.

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 12:53:16 pm »
Andy, good words above, to which I would add the suggestion to go into your profile and change your location from lost to NE FL or the name of town and FL so we can give you better answers. Winter is coming to my area and it is time to read, read and read.  Also see if your local club has a mentoring program (usually free) to really guide you.  -Mike
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline richter1978

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 08:15:05 pm »
Thank you, changed my location, even though I am hopelessly lost.  Sorry my post wasn't clear, I do have some bees. This is my first year.  Also I have registered with the state and have been inspected but haven't made a meeting yet, hopefully this winter.  Thanks again!

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 08:39:29 pm »
Welcome
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

anything