1 (11.1%)
Puma
0 (0%)
Panther
4 (44.4%)
I dunno
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Wild Pumas roaming the Australian bush?  (Read 32147 times)

Offline brydie

• New Bee
Re: Wild Pumas roaming the Australian bush?
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 08:25:24 pm »
Hi Mick

Yes you already said hi!  I joined up about a month ago, I am in Cairns QLD.  I haven't been on for a while, was away over Xmas and have been busy at work.  Take care, watch out for those cats.

:) Brydie

IndianaBrown

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 11:15:44 pm »
Wife Clubs Mountain Lion That Attacked Husband
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/10852070/detail.html

Offline mabuzzbee

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2007, 07:10:02 pm »
"residents can get special permits to shoot a lion if it is perceived as a danger to people"

You need a permit for this?  So, would the woman have been arrested if she would have shot the cat?
I am nobody.  Nobody is perfect.  Therefore, I am perfect.

Offline thegolfpsycho

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 08:00:18 am »
No mystery here.  The place is lousy with mountain lions or cougars, unless of course your looking for them.  In the spring, it is not unusual for someone in West Valley to find one in their garage overnight.  We were looking at a home on the outskirts of Price, Utah, and were stuck inside when one decided to park his tail in the shade on the porch.  Another time we arrived at a freinds house under construction in Pine Meadows.  We were stuck in the truck for almost an hour waiting for the big cat to leave the unfinished basement.  It's usually the young ones out on their own that get in bad places.

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2007, 01:48:27 pm »
So in Australia, can you shoot something that doesn't exist?  Might make a nice coat or rug!

Here in Michigan we've had proof that wolverines are around or occasionally visit at the least, even thought it is widely denied.

Those pictures might just be of a big feral housecat.  That is what a lot of the sightings around here in the states are called too. :)  A really really big feral housecat.  Really big and really hungry.

Sounds likely to me if all of the pictures were taken as claimed.

-rick
Rick

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2007, 05:03:07 am »
There was a great story on the TV a couple of weeks ago, with the best video footage to date.

Amazing shots and believe me, they aint no bleep cats.

3 different states. Thousands of miles apart.

I have come to the firm belief that these were released by Yamk soldiers in WW2, most likely in Queensland.

Recent digusting land clearing has forced them down the great dividing range, south to other states.

Its only a matter of time, months perhaps until someone has one of these captured.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2007, 11:07:58 am »
Mick, I was wondering where you have been. Think about you alot, glad to see that you have posted.  Best of this day, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 04:27:42 am »
Dammit you cant say p u s s y on here!!!!!!!! rofl!!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 10:16:16 am »
Mick, well isn't that just the darndest thing?  Thank heavens this forum isn't about cats!!!  Have a wonderful day, great life, good health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2007, 06:03:44 am »
Hi kathy and the rest of yaz!

OK time to get serious.

Here are some video links of what our Government Authorities call "Feral Domestic Cats"

Lithgow Panther NSW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRe0kcyrCHQ

Grampians VIC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JILeo_9XYo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJctFeMmVfM

Sth Aus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZZAo_mFJ88

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2007, 10:24:02 am »
Mick, thanks for the links.  I do not like any kind of cat, be it kitty cat, mountain lion, and so on and so on.  They scare the beegeesus out of me, I don't like bears either, they scare me just as badly.  I like bees  :roll:  Have a wonderful day, great life, great health.  Cindi

Still thinking about that wax and it travelling overseas.  PM me one day. C

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2007, 07:20:14 am »
I do not like any kind of cat, be it kitty cat, mountain lion, and so on and so on. 

Where does that leave me?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2007, 10:08:38 am »
I do not like any kind of cat, be it kitty cat, mountain lion, and so on and so on. 

Where does that leave me?

Jerry, come on!!!  You have to define what species you are first, then I can tell you where you will be left :evil:  Have a wonderful day, great life.  Cindi

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2007, 12:09:54 pm »
You have to define what species you are first, then I can tell you where you will be left

<<<<<< I was talking about the Avatar I use
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2007, 09:32:19 am »
Jerry, oh brother, guess I should have read between the lines.  Yes, I love your avitar, that is a gorgeous critter for surely.  Have a wonderful day, great life and health.  Cindi

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2007, 04:27:38 am »
Another reported sighting in my State this week. A couple driving came across one of these big cats and watched it scramble up the roadside into the bush.

These sightings are being made closer to towns as time goes on. I reckon its because of the drought and lack of food.

trust me, its only a matter of time before we get one of these critters.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2007, 01:10:09 am »
Here in Washington state the voters decided to pass an inititive that made it against the law to hunt mountain lions, bobcats, or bears with hounds.  (I use to do that in my younger days)  All the hounds dog owners told everybody that the cities would soon be over run by mountain lions, babcats, & bears--The public laughed and PETA & Paws won at the polls.

10 years later people are finding said 3 animals snatching their pets right out of their yards and often eating right infront of the pet owner, the bears have replaced racoons at dumpster diving, and people walking in parks are getting attacked by rouge bears & cats.   It's funny but the public still laughs when the hunters say, "I told you so."
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 01:20:39 am »
No use for the said 3 in the county areas.  They should be up the mountains, or not at all.  I know of a few people around here that have had their small dogs (and maybe some big ones too) and cats eaten up, almost, like you said Brian, right before their very eyes.  It is in our local newspapers often.....the monsters from the woods that eat up all the city folks' prides and joys.  It is a shame.  I am sure it has so much to do also with all the wildlife's domain that is being taken away from them.  The growth and development of human habitat in our area is sad.  I thank goodness for now, we live in the ALR and they cannot subdivide our area.  But....I don't doubt that there will be a day comin' soon that we will have highrises to the east, west, north and south.  That will be a sad day.  Have a beautiful and wonderful day.  Cindi

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2007, 04:05:59 pm »
We have no special creatures in our forests

And here is the driver

Sometimes he puts mask on and go to look folks

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2007, 10:35:02 am »
Finksy, you do post some very interesting pictures, I like the monster in the forest with four legs.  Have a wonderful and greatest of days. Cindi