Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: It's nice to have help  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Biddybean

• New Bee
It's nice to have help
« on: May 20, 2012, 11:49:46 pm »
We got our first hive in early April along with a friend of ours. So far we've been winging it and utilizing the classes from this past winter. Now that everything is in full swing it's time to check on the girls proper with an experienced bee keeper.

She came by last week to inspect only to find out one of her hives had swarmed at a community garden she was maintaining. Instead of inspecting, we went to catch the swarm. It was such a great experience and important to our learning about managing bee hives. On Saturday we helped our friend with her first hive inspection since getting them in April. There was a lot going on in her hive, lots of brood, some even peeking out of their cells. Even though we didn't have any first hand knowledge, we felt confident about her hive after spotting the queen and all of the life brewing. We had our inspection with the very kind master bee keeper today and all is well in our hive. We put a new brood box on a little too soon, but there were tons of eggs and hatched cells in our hive.

I want to thank our master bee keeper for helping us learn about our hive and always being there for any newbee freak out. That extends to any of you here who do the same for your community of new bee keepers. I like to think that bee keepers work together, just like a hive, for the greater good of all.

Offline Irina

• New Bee
Re: It's nice to have help
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 03:36:55 pm »
<I like to think that bee keepers work together, just like a hive, for the greater good of all.>

I like this... I am still looking for my mentor. May be it is a partially my fault... not looking hard enough. As always...lack of time.
But, I want to thank you this Forum and It's Participants. I keep learning a lot here!

Irina, NB

"Always learning"

anything