Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hey Beemaster...  (Read 6879 times)

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
Hey Beemaster...
« on: January 16, 2011, 06:31:34 pm »
I really enjoy talking to everyone on Ventrilo but something like Skype Video Conferencing would be the berries. I have looked up Skypes pricing but I'm not clear on the particulars. Does everyone in the group call have to have a Skype premium of 8.99 a month. Or does one person pay for the service and then everyone can just hop in? I would almost be willing to pay for a years service myself if thats all it took . Would be great to have faces to put with the voices.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: Hey Beemaster...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 03:16:28 am »
K9:

I too really like Skype, but the limitations are vast when using video, especially multi-user. I have a killer PC and have no issues with a single connection - for most everyone, even with high speed connection, Skypes encoding makes streaming multi-cams difficult and the meter readings on Skype let you know quickly.

I think it is fair to say that even multi-user Skype Voice taxes most user's systems out. We've had up to 4 audio Skypes going with the Ventrilo Gang and it was pushing a lot of connections.

If Skype were as small a program hog as Skype, I imagine multi-users would better work our needs. But I swear I've tested this and it is not functional for long with more than a few members. And I do believe everyone in the video conferencing would have to pay the premium rate - otherwise you are limited to ONE on ONE video only - unless they have recently changed that
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 02:00:38 pm »
well hooey....oh well. so much for taking one for the team  :-D

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 06:17:11 pm »
Would be great to have faces to put with the voices.

You can go to blogtv 

http://www.blogtv.com/

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/