Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Atlanta  (Read 2369 times)

Offline dale_2275

• Brood
  • What do I do now?
Hello from Atlanta
« on: May 06, 2008, 07:56:39 pm »
New to beekeeping as you can tell from my profile pic... we've since progressed a bit and looking forward to learning as much as possible about this fascinating hobby.  We've had chickens for a few years, now trying bees and next on the list will be goats.  Does anyone have directions to the goat farmers forum?

Thanks!

Dale

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
Re: Hello from Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 08:03:16 am »
Hello and Welcome!

Glad you found us. This is a great place to learn about bees. One of my favorite features is the 'search' function. Very often I find that my question has already been discussed and I can have an immediate answer. Very useful if you're impatient, like me!

Are you connected with a local bee club? It's always nice to have a mentor, and to be able to network with nearby beekeepers. Plus, they often have classes on different aspects of beekeeping, and help keep you abreast of how best to keep bees in your area.
http://www.metroatlantabeekeepers.org/
http://www.gabeekeeping.com/local_clubs.htm

One of our forum members, tillie, is from Atlanta and has an excellent beekeeping blog. Lots of useful info here:
http://beekeeperlinda.blogspot.com/

We're looking forward to reading about your adventures with bees!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 10:32:06 am »
Dale, welcome to our forum, you have found the best place to use as your learning guide and tool.  There will be many questions that you will want to ask, just ask, no question is dumb, all questions get great answers.  You will see.  We have such a friendly forum, you will make new friends here and you will enjoy your visits, always.  Glad you found us.  Keeping goats is a great thing too, we have forum members that have goats too, we are a very diversified group, welcome and have that great and wonderful day, lovin' our lives we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Barbara

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 11:56:09 am »
Welcome! 

I lived in the West for many years and I thought spring was okay.  Now I live in the North and spring is good.  But there is nothing like spring in Atlanta!  It comes early with all the daffodils, then the redbuds, then the dogwoods, and everything gets green.  I just loved Atlanta in the spring, oh and in the summer too, even with the heat and humidity.  And the winters were good, cause they only lasted about one month.  We'd still be there if there was work for a rocket scientist, that would be Bzzybee, but you go where the work is.
Barbara

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 08:24:10 pm »
Hi, Good to see you found this place.  Your gonna like it here!  We're just getting started also, two hives going, planing to have six by June. :)

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 11:43:30 pm »
You can never overbuild a goat pen.  Take a look at the Farm Page on this forum for a few Baaas and teh hees.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

anything