Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Paid for my bees  (Read 1809 times)

Offline oldenglish

• House Bee
    • Colonial Honey Farm
Paid for my bees
« on: April 01, 2009, 03:10:55 pm »
Last night I paid off the balance due on my bees, they arrive two weeks from today. This morning is my daughters 16th birthday and its snowing, 1" so far and still coming down, why does everyone seem to feel the need to remind me that she is now old enough to drive  :-\

Offline mudlake

• House Bee
Re: Paid for my bees
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 04:24:34 pm »
What's better than having your daughter old enough to drive ?? 2 Grandsons and a grand daughter, they are counting the days, talk about old. Enjoy while you can and good luck  Tony

Offline Chef Isaac

• House Bee
    • Sweet as can BEE Honey Farm
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 04:28:53 pm »
old:

I am tired of the snow. Makes me lazy and trust me, I do not need any more of that! :)

I worked out in the shop this morning getting things ready for my bees coming in this weekend. I found I am short 24 deeps and 240 frames. Cant find the equipment from the flood. Yikes.
Chef Isaac... Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com

Offline oldenglish

• House Bee
    • Colonial Honey Farm
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 04:57:42 pm »
I figure this is my last weekend to get the area setup and the fence installed, I will be getting no help as the wife and kids will be out of town. I know I have enough woodenware as I have been stock piling, but I dont have enough frames for all the boxes I bought, luckily I dont need all my boxes right out of the gate.

Chef, mid 50's and sunny this weekend so lloks like you catch a break for installing packages.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 05:15:08 pm »
it's snowing here also.  last two years  have been something else!  i hope this is not another bad honey year.  feed, feed, feed!!!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Chef Isaac

• House Bee
    • Sweet as can BEE Honey Farm
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 05:26:41 pm »
I think it might be a not so good honey flow year. We had a rough rough winter.

Old: I am placing and order for frames in the morning. Call me..... 360 261 2055.
Chef Isaac... Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 09:41:08 pm »
Last year stunk here too, but I am trying not to be pessimistic.

David