Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from NE Ohio!  (Read 2566 times)

Offline Anne Onimous

• New Bee
Hello from NE Ohio!
« on: June 01, 2006, 01:03:50 pm »
I've visited this site occasionally in the past and I have found it to be fun and informative. So I thought it was time I joined the group and stop lurking.

I mostly use Anne Onimous as my ID on the web. It's a name my hubby used when we were first dating (he has a great sense of humor) almost 30 years ago.

I've been interested in (reading and learning about, not actual) beekeeping for about 2 years. Two books I loved reading are Bees in America by Tammy Horn & Beeing by Rosanne Daryl Thomas.

Hubby and I just bought a small farm last autumn with plans for bees, chickens and goats and gardens.  I spent the winter job hunting, so haven't started adding to our animal population yet. Currently, we have 2 dogs.  Titan is an 8-yr old male Great Pyrenees we've had for 7 years and Maddie is a 6-yr old female Brittany Spaniel we adopted last autumn (both were from shelters).  

Chickens are arriving this summer and Bees are on my agenda for next spring!!  :D

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Hello from NE Ohio!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 11:12:02 pm »
Bees, Chickens, and Goats..Oh my!  sounds like you fit right in with a lot of us who do the same thing.  Welcome.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Anne Onimous

• New Bee
Re: Hello from NE Ohio! We've MOVED to Texas!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:37:32 pm »
January 2012 - new state of beeing.   :D

We moved from the place of "year of the wettest Ohio" to the place of "worst drought since 1917" in Houston County, Texas. Thankfully, it seems some rain followed us here.  We had Italian honey bees in Ohio. In April, we started our third year of beekeeping by installing a package of Buckfast honey bees from R. Weaver Apiaries in Navasota. We are using 8-frame mediums throughout the hive.

So far we and the bees are doing well.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Hello from NE Ohio!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 09:59:58 pm »
Welcome back Anne,
Hope you have good luck in your new State!!

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 10:20:00 pm »
Welcome to the site!

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 11:21:16 pm »
Welcome Anne.