Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Green Bee Hives  (Read 3358 times)

Offline labradorfarms

• House Bee
Green Bee Hives
« on: December 18, 2013, 04:32:44 pm »
Has anyone ever used this Company? I saw it mentioned somewhere on the net. They offer a complete hive made from cypress for 209.00. Do they see good stuff or is it one of those companys were ever thing is crooked and nothing level?
There address is just greenbeehives.com

Moots

Re: Green Bee Hives
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 04:44:06 pm »
I've heard of them but don't know anyone who's used their stuff.

If you're looking for options, you may want to check out Shastina Millwork.  Again, I've never used their boxes, I make my own.... But I have seen their boxes at our LBC, they seem well made and reasonably priced.

LINK TO SHASTINA MILLWORK

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 07:28:22 pm »
Check out Rossman at gabees.com. They have cypress woodenware and I think you might like the prices much better.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline rober

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 01:07:37 am »
todays cypress is not like the old growth cypress of yesteryear. don't waste your money  on it. use a good grade of pine or fir & paint it.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 07:06:10 am »
If you're talking about www.greenbeehives.com out of Trussville Alabama they are great. Semi small business no hassle type of folks. I got their IPK SHB trap and had an issue with the bees getting through the screen. Emailed them, explained it, they replied asked a couple of questions, I replied, they replied and said it must be a defective screen, we'll send you another trap. In about two, maybe three days I had the trap at the house. I've heard similar stories as well. I will do business with them again. Oh yeah, they also have the instructions on their website to build the beetle trap as well.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline cdray

• House Bee
    • Find me on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 08:47:49 pm »
I bought my first hive from them three years ago, and it is well made. I would buy from them again and will recommend them....David