Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: dhood from SC  (Read 2629 times)

Offline dhood

• House Bee
    • WD Hood Apiaries
dhood from SC
« on: July 23, 2008, 10:42:09 pm »
Hi everyone, just started beekeeping in May of 08. Have read alot on the internet, but still have alot to learn.

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
Re: dhood from SC
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 06:52:30 am »
Hello and Welcome!

This forum is a great place to learn more about bees & beekeeping. The tutorials on the main Beemaster page were one of the first places I began to learn about bees.

It would be helpful if you updated your profile to include your location. Much of beekeeping is "location specific", and it will help us provide better answers to your questions if we see your location when you post.

I always encourage beekeepers to get involved with a local club. Clubs are good places to find mentors, get connected with other nearby beeks, and learn more about beekeeping. Hopefully there's one near you:
http://www.scstatebeekeepers.org/index_files/Page549.htm

Lastly, I use the 'search' function a lot. Many times I find that my question has already been discussed, and I can find an immediate answer. I love it when I don't have to wait!

Offline beekybuzzard

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 09:27:38 am »
Welcome to this forum. Where in SC are you? There are quite a few of us here from SC and NC.
With the help of the Lord I hope to be a good and faithful Shepard to all that He allows me to attend.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 10:27:57 am »
Welcome!!! ;)

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 03:44:23 pm »
dhood.  Welcome to our forum.  You will find this a place that you will love to spend time, tell us your stories, tales and experiences.  We all love to listen.  So nice that you have began to keep bees.  The bees will hold you under their spell, the more you learn about them, the more that you will want to learn.  Ask any questions that you would like to know an answer to, all questions are worthy of answers, and answers will come your way.  Have a most wonderful and beautiful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline dhood

• House Bee
    • WD Hood Apiaries
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 12:12:44 am »
Thanks for the welcome. I read alot from another forum also, just found this one. bkybuzzard- I'm from Campobello, SC. It's in Spartanburg County. indypartridge - thanks, I know about the bee clubs but the closest one is about 45 min away. I stay so busy all the time so I've resorted to the internet to learn and talk to other beekeepers.

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 07:56:37 am »
indypartridge - thanks, I know about the bee clubs but the closest one is about 45 min away. I've resorted to the internet to learn and talk to other beekeepers.
It's all a matter of perspective. I drive over an hour a day to work, so 45 minutes once a month for a bee meeting would be "close" by my reckoning. :)
I've learned a great deal on the internet and don't want to minimize it, but nothing can compare to actually going thru a hive with another beekeeper. One way or another, I hope you can connect with a nearby beek. Good Luck!