Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from eastern Kansas  (Read 1933 times)

Offline KS wife

• New Bee
Hello from eastern Kansas
« on: April 22, 2008, 12:58:49 pm »
I'm a brand new beekeeper in eastern Kansas.  Just got my girls a few days ago. 

DH and I have two boys, are active in boy scouts, and we homeschool. 

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
Re: Hello from eastern Kansas
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 07:29:40 am »
Hello and Welcome!

Glad you found us. This is a great forum to learn about bees.  I use the forum's 'seach' function a lot. Very often I find that the question I have has been discussed previously so I can find an answer immediately. If you're impatient - like me - that's very useful!

Are you connected with a local beekeeping group? I've been fortunate to learn a great deal from other beekeepers, so I always recommend getting involved. Is this club near you?
http://www.nekba.org/

Are your two boys interested in bees as well? We homeschool as well, but bees are strictly "Dad's thing".

We're looking forward to reading about your adventures with bees!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 08:58:33 am »
KS Wife.  Welcome to our forum, this will be a place that will be a great help to you, as you go down the road with the bees.  We have members that are long time beekeepers, new beekeepers and some that don't even have bees.  Your questions will be answered, and you will have hundreds of them, every question is important and will get answers, never feel a question is dumb and does not deserve an answer.

Please update your profile so we know where in Kansas you live, that will help out alot when questions are answered (I always think of Dorothy when I hear Kansas, hee, hee).

You home school your children, that is alot of work, my Cousin does that too and has for 8 years, I take my hat off to you all that homeschool your children, that is a beautiful thing and takes lots of work, but quality schooling for surely.

Tell us your stories, adventures, you will find that the more you know the more you will want to know, you will be held captive under the spell of the honeybee, we all are.  Welcome, have the most wonderful and beautiful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline KS wife

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 11:39:11 am »
Thank you so much for the welcome.  And double thanks for the link to the local group.  Yes, they are near me.  Can't wait to get hooked up with them.

I've already used the Search function and it was very helpful.  Hundreds of questions - that sounds about right.  I had great plans for getting hooked up with a local group earlier this year before my girls got here - and then like so many others this year, we got slammed with multiple illnesses.  I'm still on antibiotics.  Feel like I'm really behind the eight ball right now.  Time to get caught up.  I'm so glad to have found this forum.

anything