Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Posting from Spencer, MA  (Read 2838 times)

Offline gaucho10

• House Bee
    • Bees, Bats and Beyond
Posting from Spencer, MA
« on: June 17, 2008, 08:05:50 am »
I have been beekeeping for 21 years but gave it up in 2000.  Why did I give it up?  Because I was getting frustrated with bee medication and disease :(  I lived in the city (Worcester) and had 9 hives either on the roofs of my garage or on lots at several of my properties.  In 2003 I built a new home outside of the city right next to a marsh and bird sanctuary.  Hearing so much about the Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD), I decided to get back into beekeeping to see if I could do something about CCD.  Once I started getting on the internet and reading of all the research that is being conducted, I decided that I would try the "organic" approach to beekeeping.  I believe this is the best and healthiest way to go.  We shall see...
My favorite comedy program used to be Glenn Beck--The only thing is that after I heard the same joke over and over again it became BOOOORING.....

People who have inspired me throughout my life---Pee-wee Herman, Adolph Hitler, George W. Bush, Glenn Beck.
Notice I did not say they were people who I admire !!!

Offline suprstakr

• House Bee
Re: Posting from Spencer, MA
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 09:01:23 am »
WELLCOME has not failed me so-far

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 11:25:40 am »
Gaucho10.  Welcome to our forum.  Cool, cool, cool that you are getting back into beekeeping, maybe you CAN make a difference.  You are under the spell of the honeybee, that is clear to see.  Tell us your experiences, tell us how things go in the manner in which you want to beekeep.  Lovely.  Now, have that most beautiful and wonderful day, love our life. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Online Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 06:00:05 pm »
   Welcome back to beekeeping and the forum if you get a chance try ventrilo  chat it is in the voice chat section for the set up. Voice chat is busy 7PM to 10 PM hope to hear from you

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 08:35:24 am »
I decided that I would try the "organic" approach to beekeeping.  I believe this is the best and healthiest way to go.  We shall see...
Welcome!

This is a good forum for exchanging ideas and learning more about beekeeping. If you're interested in organic/natural methods, I'd like to recommend a book: "Natural Beekeeping: Organic Approaches to Modern Apiculture" by Ross Conrad, and a website: Michael Bush's Beekeeping Naturally
http://www.bushfarms.com/bees.htm

Offline gaucho10

• House Bee
    • Bees, Bats and Beyond
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 01:59:50 am »
Thank you all for the welcome.  Indypartridge, that book has been mentioned to me and I have hear several reviews that the author doesn't really tell you how to do things, he just mentions possibilities.  Nevertheless, I like to read about possibilities and possibly  :) get some ideas.  I believe Amazon.com has it for the cheapest price so far.  Jim134, I will poke my nose around  that chat forum when I get a chance.
My favorite comedy program used to be Glenn Beck--The only thing is that after I heard the same joke over and over again it became BOOOORING.....

People who have inspired me throughout my life---Pee-wee Herman, Adolph Hitler, George W. Bush, Glenn Beck.
Notice I did not say they were people who I admire !!!

anything