Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: what would be the norm  (Read 1487 times)

Offline old-dog

• New Bee
  • Me at play
what would be the norm
« on: April 21, 2010, 09:22:01 pm »
I installed a new package on 4-10-2010. On 4-14 the Queen had been released didnt see any eggs or the Queen had some comb drawn and necture and pollen stored. On 4-17 rechecked hive found queen and eggs alot of eggs one single egg in cells all looked good. on 4-22 I plan on checking hive what would be the norm to find how many frames should be drawn and what should I see and on average how much of it thanx in advance'

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: what would be the norm
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 09:42:05 pm »
there is no norm  :-D

how much of what depends on resources available to hive and how active the queen is in getting laying.

if you put your location in your profile, it will help with the answers you get.  some things depend on temp.  those close to you will better know the conditions and might be able to give you a more detailed answer.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline old-dog

• New Bee
  • Me at play
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 09:59:23 pm »
completed my profile thanx

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 10:27:31 pm »
A package can fill an eight frame medium with comb in three weeks.  But sometimes they don't.  :)  So that's half of a deep (equivelant to five deep frames).  But that's when they really start to build up because soon you have emerging brood to replace the bees that have been dying off, so the next five deep frames (or eight frame medium box) may go even quicker.  This assumes of course either a good flow and/or feeding.  But in the end the bees do what they want.  Some build faster, some slower.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline old-dog

• New Bee
  • Me at play
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 12:11:49 am »
I will post how they are moving along tommorow thanx for the help.

Offline old-dog

• New Bee
  • Me at play
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 08:35:32 pm »
Checked the bees today they have 4 frames of brood,eggs,larva and pollen drawn out and starting on the fifth frame. What is funny is the way they are doing it they started on one end and or going in order 12345. Working thire way across most they say start in the middle. But every thing looks good on the home front got to pick up my nuc hive on the 30th. I am really having fun with this sometimes I sit in a chair next to the hive and watch the bees go in and out.

anything