Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Canola Fields in Bloom  (Read 1528 times)

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Canola Fields in Bloom
« on: February 15, 2009, 09:14:01 pm »
This afternoon, I went with my mentor to check on his hives on the canola fields. Man were they booming!! Many commercial bee keepers in this area have bees on these fields. It blooms early and the bees build up very rapid. If I had more hives, I would have some there as well....maybe next year.

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
Re: Canola Fields in Bloom
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 09:16:03 pm »
man that gives me GOOSSE BUMPS- 8-) RDY-B

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: Canola Fields in Bloom
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 12:03:23 am »
Ejoyed the picture of canola.  the last time I was in Georgia they tried hard to comvince me that little bump of brush like the in the background of your picture was a mountain.  I told that were I come from it ain't a mountain unless it has snow on it year around.  Locals seem to confuse mole hills with mountains.

Georgia is still as flat as I remember it.  The one useful thing I learned while in Georgia was why they call Waycross Waycross.... from Augusta you gotta go way cross Georgia to get there.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your bees.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

anything