Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Nuc report.  (Read 2863 times)

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
Nuc report.
« on: February 24, 2013, 09:42:42 pm »
Wanted to make a few people's day. 
Went through a few nucs today. 
Happy to update two forum members. 

Blanc.  Your nucs have very nice laying queens!  Lots of capped brood larve and eggs
Still have a frame or two to draw out .

Plan b. 
your queens have emerged!!   Nice 2013 virgins. 

If they make it back from their mating flights they should be laying in about 2 weeks.

And y'all thought y'all were excited before eh? :evil:

Thought y'all would like to know

Bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Moots

Re: Nuc report.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 10:09:24 pm »
That's an Awesome update!

I'm excited for both of them...And to think, I was there at the beginning!  :-D

Cool!  VERY COOL!  :)

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 04:47:06 pm »
Just finished the nucs I will be picking them up with. Figured it wouldn't be long so thanks for the heads up Bailey. Oh, I am still waitin on my first swarm  :-D :-D You and schawee got me jealous!
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 07:49:04 pm »
 :evil:
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 08:01:04 pm »
Y'all have me dieing up here. I just lost another hive to the cold snap we had this past week and they are colling for temps to go down to the 20's this coming weekend and highs only in the 40's too. I did check the girls this weekend and the rest seem to be bringing in pollen and are staring the build up and have drones.

John

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 08:48:35 pm »
Y'all have me dieing up here. I just lost another hive to the cold snap we had this past week and they are colling for temps to go down to the 20's this coming weekend and highs only in the 40's too. I did check the girls this weekend and the rest seem to be bringing in pollen and are staring the build up and have drones.

John
You could just move down here with us and fight with the skeeters!  :-D
Blanc
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline gov1623

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 09:10:17 pm »
If it ever stops raining maybe i can make a few splits. The blackberries are just about in full bloom but this weather is not letting the bees take advantage of it. Hopefully after this cold front passes swarm season will be in full swing.
Who Dat!!!

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 09:56:42 pm »
First warm day with sun and no wind and the party begins!
I need to deploy more traps but the weather is stopping that too.
Bailey

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 06:43:37 am »
First warm day with sun and no wind and the party begins!
I need to deploy more traps but the weather is stopping that too.
Bailey

Are you saying that now it is too hot to put out your traps.   :-D
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 09:52:34 am »
If it ever stops raining maybe i can make a few splits. The blackberries are just about in full bloom but this weather is not letting the bees take advantage of it. Hopefully after this cold front passes swarm season will be in full swing.
My wife and I were commenting on the blackberry blooms just two days ago. Amazing how early but winter is not over yet and a hard freeze or frost could cause some problems for us. Lost my citrus couple years ago from an early blossom and late freeze. :-\ Almost set my tomatoes in last week but decided to wait a bit and glad I did with the cold snap on our heels for this weekend.
Blanc

Offline PLAN-B

• House Bee
  • When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 08:46:49 pm »
Just seeing this Bailey.... Thanks for the update. I am so excited / What to i need to bring when i come? should i build two 5 frame nucs or can i just bring two of my 8 frame medium boxes? if so just a couple of frames with foundation and migratory tops ....SRY Nervous jitters  / in a good way...lol    :-D
Marshall

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 10:43:10 pm »
You would want to bring your 8 frame gear. And 3 extra frames
More room for transport is better.
Bailey

Offline PLAN-B

• House Bee
  • When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 11:19:20 pm »
k... thanks
Marshall

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 07:36:40 am »
If you are doing business,you need to do it through PM's. Not open forum. This is a commercial free site. This pushes the envelope a bit,unless there is no  money involved.

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 07:44:44 pm »
Sorry.  Not the intent.
 The business is finished already. Was done months ago. 
It's just showing them what their nucs are doing. They are the first 2 on my reserve list this year. And I was just teasing them with progress reports.
Won't do it again.   
Bailey.

anything