Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: JP didn't believe me  (Read 5660 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
JP didn't believe me
« on: October 20, 2010, 09:49:02 pm »
A little note I received from the owner of a recent cut out

Wed, October 20, 2010 8:38:41 PM
Re: Bee problem

To:   hardwood01@bellsouth.net   
Thanks for the update, Scott!  I do wonder how the bees are doing and really miss knowing those industrious and friendly guys are no longer back there.  I looked at the opening with my neighbor, who is going to close for me, on Monday and there were still quite a few bees around the place.  I looked yesterday and they were completely gone. 

My sting is just fine.  No swelling or pain and I must apologize to you for dropping the jeans to get rid of that stinger!  At the moment there was no other alternative because it really hurt!  You must have been as shocked as I was!   So sorry.

Watching you work at the removal was fascinating and I learned so much but now I want to learn more and will research all the info I can find.  I have worked 41 hours since you were here on Saturday so have not had time to look at the pics I took. I will send them on to you when I can.

Thank you for all the info you passed on to me.  You do a great job of handling and caring for these magnificent insects.

My best, Betty

Sure sounds like that has "angel" written all over it to me!
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: JP didn't believe me
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 09:58:56 pm »
that must have been a sight to see!   :-D  i swear we need to put together a book of interesting encounters.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 10:10:21 pm »
have worked 41 hours since you were here on Saturday so have not had time to look at the pics I took. I will send them on to you when I can.

Droopy Draws and All  :shock:
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline AliciaH

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 11:55:07 pm »
My sting is just fine.  No swelling or pain and I must apologize to you for dropping the jeans to get rid of that stinger!  At the moment there was no other alternative because it really hurt!  You must have been as shocked as I was!   So sorry.

:lau: I don't usually get to see stuff like that unless there's tequila involved!  How exciting for you!  I really need to put the word out do more swarm calls!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 01:40:50 am »
OK, where's the video, "angel".  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline TwoHoneys

• House Bee
    • TwoHoneys
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 07:14:04 am »
Laughing.
"In a dream I returned to the river of bees" W.S. Merwin

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 07:21:26 am »
JP, I videoed the removal (not the "dropping trou" part) and will post along with several more as soon as I edit.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 08:39:55 am »
That just ain't fair to tease us like that! At least paint us a good picture of the event and go slowly and give explicit details.

And lie a lil if you need to about the details, hee hee.  :-D

Paint a real good picture now!

...JP (heartbroken cause no video)  :'(
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 09:51:53 am »
"It was a dark and stormy Saturday..." hehe.

Actually it was a beautiful day! The colony was in the wall of a pole barn that had been converted into a guest house maybe 50 years ago. The owner, Betty, is a sweet gal in her 70's I'm guessing and is fascinated with bees. The cut out took about 6hrs mostly because we talked about bees so much. It was right at the end of the job when a bee crawled up her jeans and stung her on the thigh...doesn't seem to have curbed her enthusiasm a bit though. Her and her neighbor are buying some hives from me in the spring :)

I missed out on a day of Biketoberfest but it was worth it. Gentle bees to work with, beautiful weather and making a new friend...that's what it's all about!

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 11:26:01 am »
Shocking as shocking can be, smiling, imagine that, the drawer dropping to get out a stinger, shoulda just left it there  :evil:  :-P  :lol: , what a sight to see.  Beautiful days, of health, sunshine and love, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 03:38:08 pm »
So she's a cougar, eh?  :lau:

...JP

Offline vmmartin

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 04:38:55 pm »
I've heard of Honey Badgers and Honey Bears but a Honey Courgar? That's a new one.

Offline philinacoma

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 03:19:38 am »
 :lau:

Now did you mean she was in her 70's or born in the 70's?

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 10:08:30 am »
We are still waiting for the video to see.

Offline philinacoma

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 05:38:24 pm »
JP, I videoed the removal (not the "dropping trou" part) and will post along with several more as soon as I edit.

Scott

Just as long as you don't edit out any 'good' bits!

Offline Hemlock

• Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 03:02:26 pm »
Bee Girls Gone Wild!?  What would Langstroth say?  What's next? a cut out in Daytona during Bike Week...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 03:12:57 pm by Hemlock »
Make Mead!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 07:26:13 pm »
Cut out during bike week?  I would like to see a hive on the back of a bike.

Offline Hemlock

• Field Bee
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 10:48:52 pm »
Whoa! that just gave me an idea. 
You guys need to make the 'Bee Cut Out Calendar'.  12 months of the best cut out pics you have.  You can make them online at:
Shutterfly or Sams Club Photo.  Though Shutterfly's shipping rates are cheaper.
Make them online then have them shipped to whoever buys one.  Hey you can make some extra bucks and I know some people that would like to get one.  Come on, this is right up y'alls alley!
Make Mead!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 10:53:40 pm »
Pin up girls.    Who saw the queen first.    :-D

Offline Hemlock

• Field Bee
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 12:57:01 am »
Haha,
Well I wasn't thinking pin up girls, just cool cut out situations.  Hey every workplace in the land has a work related calender.  Where's ours?

On another note but following the same vein,
My beek neighbor, she has a shirt she occasionally wears.  On it are 2 good sized bees.  Both of them are wearing Halloween ghost costumes.  One bee is saying "BOO". - Which makes them...(Don't say it out loud) :shock:
Make Mead!

anything