Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Worked with ElDoBill today  (Read 1675 times)

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Worked with ElDoBill today
« on: November 19, 2007, 12:23:31 am »
Today, I met EldoBill from El Dorado California. He lives about 1/2 hour away from me in a most secluded place, up on a beautiful ridge.

He has one hive which he started the end of May this year. I helped him by opening up the hive and checking for food stores, ventilation etc. to get ready for the winter.  He has 2 full size supers making up the hive. His bees are unbelievably gentle.

The top super has 6 frames of totally capped honey both sides,  which is more than enough for the winter around here. We did not get down into the brood super. He had lots of burr comb, which made it very hard to manipulate the frames. I suggested he remove the burr comb at some point to make life easier. Other than that, he keeps his hive immaculate and I can see he really cares.

It was great fun to meet another local beekeeper near my house.
Take care,
Annette from still warm Placerville

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Worked with ElDoBill today
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 10:22:18 am »
Oh Annette.  Isn't that nice that you went and helped this fellow out.  I know that he is a new forum member and the fact that you walked that extra mile makes me proud of you, yea!!!!!!!  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, best healthy wishes to us all.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service