Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Where can I buy sugar in bulk?  (Read 21426 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Where can I buy sugar in bulk?
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 09:35:41 pm »
As they say around here "Boy, that's like haulin' two tons of turnips in a one ton truck!"

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 06:48:30 am »
I got the run-around calling the factory.  The factory is running at capacity and is selling all they can make, so the salespersons are pretty slow and lazy. 

I got a quote of 56 cents per pound in 2000 pound totes, FOB at the factory.  That's a crazy high price compared to what others have posted here.
Although the prices of sugar have rose since then I was paying $4.76 for a 10 lb bag last year at Wal-Mart. Guess I should have stocked up.
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

Offline cam

• House Bee
    • circle 7 honey
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 07:08:51 am »

[/quote]Although the prices of sugar have rose since then I was paying $4.76 for a 10 lb bag last year at Wal-Mart. Guess I should have stocked up.
[/quote]

That's what I paid at Wal-Mart this week.
circle7 honey and pollination

Offline The Bix

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 01:39:06 am »
I spoke to a representative from Industrial Commodities who told me that sugar prices are so high due to supply issues worldwide, cane and beets have had a bad year...Brazil, Asia...everywhere.  He told me to expect +$0.60/lb right now, but that it should go down significantly in the Spring when supplies stabilize. www.industrialcommodities.com

Offline Galaxy

• New Bee
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2010, 10:06:57 pm »
Sugar prices are high because of government interference in markets.  Our elitist politicians have mandated that up to ten percent of ethanol be blended with gasoline.  Almost all ethanol is fermented and distilled from sugar cane, sugar beets or corn.  This has greatly increased the demand for these sugar sources.  And predictably prices have jumped.

Also, if you find that your small engines are costing you more in repair bills you can thank your politician and their self-appointed, ruling-class, elite co-conspirators.  See: "Ethanol could kill your small engine" http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/12/30/pm_ethanol_kills/

anything