Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: feeding in kansas  (Read 2408 times)

Offline riverrat

• House Bee
feeding in kansas
« on: February 07, 2009, 10:04:13 am »
Just wondering out load. With our unseasonable warm weather in Kansas and the midwest has anyone started feeding 1:1 yet.  I noticed the maple trees are starting to bud out pollen wont be far from comming in :)
never take the top off a hive on a day that you wouldn't want the roof taken off your house

Offline BULLSEYE BILL

• House Bee
    • myspace
Re: feeding in kansas
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 10:54:59 am »
I am checking all my light hives today, will feed where needed.

Offline BMAC

• Field Bee
    • http://WWW.OLEMCDONALD.COM
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 11:37:37 am »
all my girls are in Texas right now on a light flow awaiting for March when I go to split them, but I dont see a reason to not start feeding 1:1 syrup right now.  I cant believe its 50+ out right now.  Well gotta go make some biodiesel seeing how its so nice out.
God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!

Offline suprstakr

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 02:31:52 pm »
All mine have had pollen patties on now for 3 weeks.

Offline okiequeenbee

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 08:43:06 pm »
I checked on some of mine today.  Had 78 degrees-shorts & t-shirt time.  :-D  The girls were all flying, some were bringing in some sort of white pollen.  Most of them still had quite a bit of honey and the weight felt good.  Some were heavier, with the top super almost completely full of honey.  My questions are:  how much is enough and what is too much, for this time of year?
Today, I see Life as my eyes have never seen it before - and, OH, how they shine.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 10:25:07 pm »
Enough is what it will take to feed them until the first honey flow. There can't be too much until the flow starts. That's when the excess should be removed.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BULLSEYE BILL

• House Bee
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 03:19:15 am »
I checked on some of mine today.  Had 78 degrees-shorts & t-shirt time.  :-D   My questions are:  how much is enough and what is too much, for this time of year?

Don't sunburn those freckles!   :shock:

Remember the ground hog said we still have five weeks of winter left.

anything