Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Looking for Exceptional Photos-HELP  (Read 2929 times)

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
Looking for Exceptional Photos-HELP
« on: November 14, 2007, 12:06:23 pm »
I have been asked by NJ's chief apiarist for some assistance. He is looking for high quality educational photos of beekeeping. He can not pay $, but wants the pics "incripted" w/ your name( I dont know how to do this) so that you would get credit as the photographer. In addition to all of the obvious pics needed(queens, drones, honey etc) pictures  of all of those other bees that give us a bad name so people can learn the diff are also needed. Please Pm me if you would like to contribute. I dont know specifically how these photos will be used(brochures, web page etc) other thna to say they will further Honey Bee education and no money will be made from their use.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
Re: Looking for Exceptional Photos-HELP
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 07:38:29 pm »
I have been asked by NJ's chief apiarist for some assistance. He is looking for high quality educational photos of beekeeping. He can not pay $, but wants the pics "incripted" w/ your name( I dont know how to do this) so that you would get credit as the photographer. In addition to all of the obvious pics needed(queens, drones, honey etc) pictures  of all of those other bees that give us a bad name so people can learn the diff are also needed. Please Pm me if you would like to contribute. I dont know specifically how these photos will be used(brochures, web page etc) other thna to say they will further Honey Bee education and no money will be made from their use.

Contact Zackery Huang at http://www.cyberbee.net/   :-D

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 11:12:33 am »
yhanx for those who sent and keep'em comung. Many are amazing!

Offline MrILoveTheAnts

• Field Bee
    • Biodiverse Gardens
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 06:54:20 pm »
Could we get a link to the site when the photos are up?

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 09:25:37 am »
Konasdad.  That is a stellar idea.  I have quite a few really good ones, but they are bees on flowers, is this what that fellow is looking for?  Can you elaborate really clearly on what he wants, and where to send the pictures to?  I think I missed something here on where to send the pictures.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 10:54:00 am »
I will forward any good picture for consideration. MrIloveAnts, Mici, Beehopper have sent many awesome shots. One or two (from each) all are truly magazine quality. Both in what they show and clarity. Some are educational. Others just beautiful. Afte the New Years, I will get together w/ soem people from NJBA and put together an educational program. Its exact form and how it will play out is yet to be determined. The NJBA is getting a lot more requests for beekeepers to teach at elementary schools and more requests for new beekeepers. Totally diff needs. Just soem rambling. So pm me if you want .

When it is done, I will do my best to credit all those who contributed.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 10:59:34 am »
Konasdad, I will be perusing my images over the next few days and will send them via PM, but I want to get the best of the best, so it will take some time, but they will be coming.  This is a great thing that you have endeavoured upon to help out with, yea!!!!!  Best of this great day, happy life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 11:39:25 am »
Pm me and I'll give you my email where you can send them as attachments.

Offline Carriage House Farm

• House Bee
    • Carriage House Farm
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 12:47:54 pm »
Not to be the buzz kill guy but as a former graphic artist and illustrator, regardless of whether the photographers are getting compensated or not there should be a contract.

I know it may sounds silly, but its simply a matter of fair use.  I KNOW that a University should have one for fair use and what not laying around and I would think there would be a little bit more data.

Just because its being given to someone for free use with best intentions does not mean the you should not be protected both on the photographer's end as well as the University.

I've done stuff like this before both as a contributor and end user and you would not believe the abuses that result at times.

For some it may not matter, others it might, but in the end the University has an obligation to be professional about it to protect everyone involved.
Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm