Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from so cal  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Rob Sandberg

• New Bee
Greetings from so cal
« on: February 19, 2012, 12:20:03 pm »
Hello I am new to this site and this hobby. I am paying for my 2 son'scollege education
So I will start slow , hoping for swarms. I am getting used to my boys being away so I am
Hoping bees will help fill the void. From so California 38 degrees outside, enjoying a cigar and listening to hawks in the yard

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Greetings from so cal
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 03:01:36 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 03:08:00 pm »

Welcome to the site.  I am a new bee also, there is plenty of post to read and learn from.  You may want to check into local bee clubs also.

Joe

Offline Rob Sandberg

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 08:14:07 pm »
Thanks, I have joined a local club. Good luck to you all this year

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 10:33:43 pm »
Welcome to the site!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 10:50:21 pm »
Welcome to you from Northern Ca, which is truly a totally different state from down south.

I think the bees will help to keep you occupied, or obsessed may be a better word. I took on beekeeping during a difficult time in my life and needed something very interesting to focus on. The bees truly filled that void for me. When beekeeping you forget about everything in your life and just live in the moment. They are mesmerizing creatures and you always find fun things to do such as putting your supplies together, painting, catching swarms, meeting other beekeepers,  melting beeswax, just sitting and watching them, etc.. Not to mention the delicious honey which is your reward for taking such good care of them.

Have a great time
Annette

Offline Hippie-Beekeeper

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 12:52:47 pm »
Welcome to you from Brawley, Ca I am as far south as you can go an still be in the U.S. on this forum you will find a lot of helpful people here new-bees an old-bees alike hay buy the way what part of So cal you are from? enjoy the forum.

Take care an peace to you an your family

Hippie-Beekeeper =^..^=  :mrgreen:

Offline Rob Sandberg

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 12:44:24 am »
So thanks for the welcome. I reside in lake hell  senior. So as I am just starting out- foundation, one long time keeper tells me use the pins and another says wire. So I purchased both along with a wire crimped from dad ant, but I am not smart enough to figure out the red plastic tool. I have enjoyed time in brawley

Offline Hippie-Beekeeper

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 02:14:30 pm »
I will be using the wire because of the HEAT out here my frames have no foundation I let the bees build there own comb an boy they can build when i get some more post under my belt the system will let me upload some pictures of my junk yard bee's but for now i enjoy seating next to the hives looking at the bee's work along with being a gear head i am also a nerd ( a ham radio operator ) which is a good thing i will be building some wireless bee cams / mics an some temp sending units for the hives that way i can stand in line for my turn to hug the A/C (LOL) I have 50 Ex abandon cats i have taken in over the eight years at my welding shop my junk yard bee's live here too when it get hot it is so funny to see the cats in line to get on top of the A/C unit to cool off an you know who's last "me" (LOL). =^..^=

Take care my friend an peace be with you and your family.

Hippie-Beekeeper  :mrgreen:

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 03:42:48 pm »
Welcome!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 10:59:25 am »
Welcome to the forum!

Offline BlevinsBees

• House Bee
    • Habitat for Honeybees
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 01:48:40 pm »
Welcome from San Francisco. 72 degrees here today and extracting Eucalyptus honey so they won't swarm!
President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
habitatforhoneybees.com