Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mann Lake free shipping  (Read 9108 times)

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
Re: Mann Lake free shipping
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 01:53:24 am »
I was paying $1.68 for asembled 6 1/4 frames-now same frame is $ 2.10
pollen patties where $49.10 now they cost $ 69.95 for the same thing-this is gona give me a head ache
gota be thrifty these days-RDY-B  :-\

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 02:31:32 am »
why would you buy assembled when they are so easy to put together?  same with the boxes. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010, 02:00:41 am »
when i buy frames it is 500 at a time (enough for 50 boxes) every year my need for honey suppers has increased
the time and effort to put the frames together properly is a break even for the cost-they also would assemble them(the boxes) for $1.50-and paint them with one coat primer and one coat topcoat for $2.00-so by buying budget boxes 50 at a time i can get complete box with paint and wood frames with rite cell foundation for about $26.00 -this is very easy for me and its fast-thats the important part -time versus effort-no mater what Im doing i am always going to generate the most $ for my time-the simple task would cost me $ not save-RDY-B

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2010, 05:11:38 am »
Got the catalog today. Free shipping on orders over $100. Prices went way up. Wooden frames went from 82 cents to $1.45! They lost me with the price increases. Brushy Mountain is having their big sale right now. Paid 80 cents for frames. Bought 50 each of med. and deeps, plus a 12 pound box of foundation (135 sheets).

Where did you get this price?  100 wood deep frames are 0.68 cents a piece on the net with free shipping on orders over 100 bucks.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline gardeningfireman

• Field Bee
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2010, 10:33:45 am »
In the catalog, they list frames by the ten-pack at $9.25. $9.25 x 5 =$46.25 for 50 med. and $46.25 for 50 deep frames. That totals $92.50. It doesn't say you can mix sizes in the bulk 100 frame case, so I assumed you couldn't. I guess I shouldn't assume anything! They don't have the wax foundation in 12 lb boxes, so I figured 13 ten-packs to get the price of a 12 lb box. That came to $110.50.

Offline WVaBees

• New Bee
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 12:31:33 am »
I called them last week and they confirmed that sizes could be mixed to reach the 100 frame discount. You may have to phone the order in though rather than ordering over the internet.

Offline gardeningfireman

• Field Bee
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 12:51:46 pm »
Oh well. Live and learn. I will have to remember that for next year!

Offline L Daxon

• Field Bee
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 10:08:23 pm »
I had just gone through the spring ML catalogue yesterday checking on some things so when the fall catalogue came today I went through and the price increases really jumped out at me.  A 10 pack of 8 frame spacers went from $8.50 to $9.50.  Uncapping scratcher went from $5.95  to $6.45.   5 gallon white pail w/ lid went from  $6.59 to $7.95.  Just about everything I dog eared went up.  The one thing I saw go down was the Stainless steel double sieve went from $49.95 to $39.95.  Must have been a typo!
linda d

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 10:24:18 pm »
.  The one thing I saw go down was the Stainless steel double sieve went from $49.95 to $39.95.  Must have been a typo!

Maybe the 39.95 was now for a single sieve instead of a double one. :-D

Offline ArmucheeBee

• Field Bee
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2010, 11:19:33 pm »
I just called Mann Lake.  The Free shipping will last until the end of the year.  I compared Mann Lake and Dadant on the exact same order.  Dadant was $289 more due to shipping.  Dadant's prices were lower but the shipping is for the birds.
Stephen Stewart
2nd Grade Teacher

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich."  SpongeBob Squarepants

Offline WVaBees

• New Bee
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 12:16:34 am »
I just wanted to say that my order arrived today and the frames are great....so much better then the frames I got locally. Shipping was quick and FREE...can't beat that...I will be stocking up on frames as I can spare the cash from now until end of the year.

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2010, 04:12:11 am »
what happens at the end of the year -prices stay up and they charge for shiping-?  :)  RDY-B

Offline gardeningfireman

• Field Bee
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2010, 09:23:08 am »
Brushy Mt. queen catchers are $5.95. Mann Lake has the same one for $9.95. How the he** do they justify that?

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2010, 11:25:35 am »
it depends on where you live.  the shipping from brushy is way expensive for me.  even if i pay the higher prices at Mann Lake, and take advantage of this shipping offer, i end up paying much less.  Mann Lake ships to me from CA.  even when i have to pay shipping they are often less expensive for me.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline montauk170

• House Bee
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2010, 01:31:14 pm »
I griped about the price increase when they started that free shipping deal since I can spend a tank or less of gas to drive up, but it's about 2 hours one way for me.
Anyways, I just put my order in a spreadsheet and compared the old price vs new, $30 difference. I think I'll not waste the time to drive up and pay that $30 since it's about
the same as the gas I would use to drive up.  Now if I were to order things that increased dramatically, then I would drive up.

HD-100   Queen Catcher
HD-665   Bee Escape
WW-605   Med Super
WW-630   Frames - med
WW-246   Inner Cover
WW-310   Bottom
HH-606   Honey Gate
CL-605   Economy Gloves

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2010, 02:16:37 pm »
what happens when you drive up-they dont say pick up at discount price-who decides the cost
some of those prices will make me drive to fresno instead (dadant)-I was one of the first custermers
when they started up in cali but they are not clear of cost for items picked up-some of my items i plan for months in advance
know i find out that there charges are making them less of a first choice -RDY-B

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2010, 03:29:12 pm »
  rdy-b .........

:? Why would you drive if no discount for it :?

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2010, 04:12:15 pm »
there whould be a savings involved without the cost of shipping at fresno (dadant)-versus paying a price with shipping included
at mannlake. pollen patties are at considerable cost increase this year-I will buy many 40lb boxes-one of the reasons that mannlake opened the location in cali is to elevate the shipping cost to the west coast-and it apears there is a cost sharing involved to the amount -to cover all shiping-we have a tremendous market for commercial beekeepers
and that is where they generate there major income-and yes the bottom line is the bottom line  :lol:  RDY-B