Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Boy! Ain't this the truth!  (Read 21144 times)

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Boy! Ain't this the truth!
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2011, 09:48:26 am »
Who the he77 are you callin' a "good ole boy peckerwood" anyway?

That can be seen as a very offensive term by some.

Scott

:lau:

I didn't call anyone a peckerwood. I was referring to a "group"...you know, like others do. In fact, I have peckerwood friends. I have a right to make fun and use this term.

Well , not really. I did that to see the reaction. I see gays, blacks, Muslims, and other groups get no reaction from you. But use the term peckerwood, and right on cue, someone gets offended.

I was simply using the term in generic terms to identify southern poor racist white folks. Are you denying that they would not approve of the funnies posted here. I think they would get a hoot from the humor. I had no intention of pointing any fingers. But if your going to slide the shoe on yourself, don't come a cryin to me.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2011, 10:12:04 am »
You're reading too much into that...I didn't ever say that I was personally offended. You seem to like calling the kettle black though.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2011, 10:13:13 am »
>>>>southern poor racist white folks.<<<<

Now, that is as bad, or worse, then anything I have seen on this forum. Talk about the frying pan calling the kettle black.

Sure looks different when you do it, tho, doesn't it? Or should this southern, "which always includes poor racist, even without typing it", peckerwood say don'jit?

By the way, the word is peckerhead, not peckerwood. If you're going to curse, humiliate, and degrade all southerners, at least use the proper terms.

:-P  :-P   :-P :lau: :lau:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2011, 10:18:30 am »

I don't have black friends, gay friends, Mexican friends, south American friends, and so on. I have friends. I see them as friends. Not black people, gays, etc.

Well now you just lost all credibility. If you can't see a person for what they are, then you just can't see people. If you don't see differences then you really don't even know who or what you yourself are. Knowing what people are and excepting them for that is what develops a relationship.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2011, 10:18:46 am »
as someone often identified as a "peckerhead" i AM deeply offended  :thunder:

wow, i had not looked at this for a bit.  you guys really made a joke out a perfectly good post!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2011, 10:22:15 am »
Hey iddee  I hate to break it to you but if you notice that NC in your location means NORTH Carolina.

You is Northerner boy  :-D
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2011, 10:22:32 am »
>>>>southern poor racist white folks.<<<<

Now, that is as bad, or worse, then anything I have seen on this forum. Talk about the frying pan calling the kettle black.

Sure looks different when you do it, tho, doesn't it? Or should this southern, "which always includes poor racist, even without typing it", peckerwood say don'jit?

By the way, the word is peckerhead, not peckerwood. If you're going to curse, humiliate, and degrade all southerners, at least use the proper terms.

:-P  :-P   :-P :lau: :lau:

It was an example iddee. I was making a point. And it went right over your head.

I'm sure your confused by my example, about as much as your confused by peckerwood and peckerhead... :lau:

So your a peckerhead also iddee. Wow!  :-D :shock: :-D

Now...THAT is calling the kettle black! And here I thought you had a thing against gays.

Did you hear that southern guys? iddee wants me to call you all peckerheads.  :lau:

I'm printing this out as an all-time classic!

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2011, 10:29:22 am »
Wait a minute!!!! When did peckerhead become a gay thing?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2011, 10:32:25 am »
I think the gay term would be "peckermouth"
 :lau: :lau:
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2011, 10:33:57 am »
OH, you poor, pitiful, misinformed yankee. Kathy just told you the word is well known from coast "NC", to coast "OR"., and you still stick to your yankee goof up.

There's an old saying you need to be aware of.

Sometimes it's better to stay quiet and be thought a fool, then to speak and confirm it.

Jerrymac, SC is a place we roped off to attract the run-a-way yankees, thinking they were going to the south. NC is where the real southerners live.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2011, 10:35:53 am »
Aw, Kathy, Me and BJ haven't had a good-ol-boy conversation like this in a year or more. I'm having a ball.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2011, 10:49:05 am »

Jerrymac, SC is a place we roped off to attract the run-a-way yankees, thinking they were going to the south. NC is where the real southerners live.

:lau:

I wish you would put up a road block so they would quit coming down here and ruining Texas.

Offline beek4018

• House Bee
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2011, 10:59:41 am »
White, maybe. Christian, maybe. American? By birth, possibly. By heart, That's debatable.

Gee, Idee.

that's so Republican/Conservative of you, and so predictable.  If someone isn't exactly your brand of redneck, gun-toting, xenophobic, closed borders, "there's a raghead behind every bush waiting to shoot us and run up the debt on our children" racist then they can't possibly be a real American.

You probably claim to be a Christian too.  How very tolerant and "turn the other cheek" of you.

Stop thinking like Sarah Palin and the Tea-laban.

That leads us to that "Your either for us or agin us" BS we had from the village idiot we elected from Crawford.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2011, 11:01:00 am »
My use of the term peckerwood is correct...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=peckerwood

Why is this wrong?

iddee,
As for kathy, she used the term peckerhead after you did iddee. I never used the term peckerhead till after she commented. So how is that on me?  :?

hardwood,
Yes, you are correct. My bad. I am clearly not as familiar with the definition or experience with peckermouth as you seem to be. I search peckerhead, and the definition involved the explanation of peckermouth. Glad you are up on what it means to be a peckermouth.

Anyway....I never seen so many jump at the use of a word. Hitting close to home I'm sure.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2011, 11:42:01 am »
 :lau: on this whole thread.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2011, 11:44:55 am »
that's so Republican/Conservative of you, and so predictable.  If someone isn't exactly your brand of redneck, gun-toting, xenophobic, closed borders, "there's a raghead behind every bush waiting to shoot us and run up the debt on our children" racist then they can't possibly be a real American.

You probably claim to be a Christian too.  How very tolerant and "turn the other cheek" of you.

Stop thinking like Sarah Palin and the Tea-laban.

That leads us to that "Your either for us or agin us" BS we had from the village idiot we elected from Crawford.

now almost every aspect of my life is under attack.  i am going to crawl into one of my gun safes and shut the door  :'(
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2011, 12:02:35 pm »

How is "for us or against us" not true?

You see someone beating the snot out of another person. You go help the victim and you are for him. If you help the attacker then you are against him.... the beaten. If you walk by and do nothing, that is also against the beaten one.

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2011, 12:09:01 pm »
Iddee,

When you tell an "Irish" bar joke, nobody really takes it to mean that all Irish are drunks. And the jokes are not aimed at Irish by those who do not like them. It's taken as a joke. Nothing more.

WHAT?? THEY'RE NOT???  Get out....

All of our ancestors were able to laugh at themselves.  My dad always told dumb hollander jokes.  There absolutely is truth to the money-tight dutch stereo-type.  There is absolutely truth to the Irish drinking stereo type.  I don't know about pollacks (probably from happenings in WW2), but the jokes were funny.  So why do we laugh at Irish, Hollander, and Pollack jokes without a problem but a terrorist joke is not allowed?

If you don't like it, rather than fight the jokes and stereo types, I think everybody is better off removing any reason for stereo types.

When no more muslim extremists are blowing themselves up and everybody around them, then the stereo type will die.  A few jokes may linger, but everybody will laugh like they do about the Irish or Dutch.

Rick
Rick

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2011, 12:10:00 pm »

Anyway....I never seen so many jump at the use of a word. Hitting close to home I'm sure.

Funny, for somebody who defends homosexuals, you are sure quick to use it as an insult.
Rick

Offline beek4018

• House Bee
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2011, 12:56:18 pm »

How is "for us or against us" not true?

You see someone beating the snot out of another person. You go help the victim and you are for him. If you help the attacker then you are against him.... the beaten. If you walk by and do nothing, that is also against the beaten one.

Jerry your example is a bit simplistic, but  my point out.

I'm severely disabled, if someone is beating the snot out of someone else, I don't agree with the instigator, but I'm not likely to get physically involved because it's doubtful I could be of any assistance.  I might walk away and call the police.  In the meantime I would appear to anyone thoughtless and small-minded enough not to think beyond their on point of view to be "against" the victim

The world is a bit more nuanced than a simplistic 'for or against' doctrine allows.  Bush's meaning was clearly 'you either contribute arms, men, or money to our particular flavor of anti-terrorism, or you yourself and your entire law-abiding, civilized, otherwise good to the world and peaceable nation are going to be considered our enemy'.

There are LOTS of reasons why countries may not agree with or want to contribute to our war on terror, that does not make them terrorists.

Open your mind a bit and consider the fact that not everybody's priorities are the same as ours.

They may actually want to expend some of their resources ( which by the way tend to be far more limited than our own) on things like education, infrastructure, healthcare, science research, social security, and (God forbid) the arts.  That doesn't make them bad people.

anything