Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Boy! Ain't this the truth!  (Read 21144 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Boy! Ain't this the truth!
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2011, 03:44:31 pm »
>>>>that's so Republican/Conservative of you, and so predictable.  If someone isn't exactly your brand of redneck, gun-toting, xenophobic, closed borders, "there's a raghead behind every bush waiting to shoot us and run up the debt on our children" racist then they can't possibly be a real American.<<<<

Hey, now you got it. By golly, yo'smarts is growin' ever day.

Of course, the rest of what you wrote, I just hope you have high top boots. It's gettin' mighty deep up your way.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2011, 03:51:30 pm »
nuanced, open minded, fair.  words that should be struck from the dictionary!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2011, 04:24:04 pm »
Hope everyone is enjoying beating up on everyone else  :roll: I feel left out.

I will refer to "Peckerhead" I have heard it here in NJ all my life and it always referred to someone who did something REALLY Stupid, no reference to anything about local or race, never!

But I live in a Conservative County (the only one) in NJ - all else Liberals. I was brought up with the idea that I live by a set of rules I set for myself, and do my best to understand there are some very great and some pretty scabby people, but all have the right to live as the choose.

The ones I feel sorry most for in any of these posts is the poor, casting them white seems somehow LESS offensive than saying the same about Blacks. I think its a shamed that either should be referred to as to by color and not for the sad fact that we have soooo many poor in the United States.

Enjoy your boxing match, I misread and thought Iddee has no friends except White ones, which isn't correct. I don't know how Iddee chooses his friends, nor is it any of our business but his - that is the beauty Iddee of letting others do as they wish, no matter how it sickens you, you can turn your head, do things your own way and that's what makes America great.

I respect everyone here. I know little about most of you except the picture you paint of yourself through posts, and images. I enjoy the bunch of you, for all MY flaws, I work hard in life and care about how I am perceived. I like to think most people care also, but the scum of our land, the murders, rapists, molesters have either mental illness (and I suppose we such pity them) or they are evil - either way, its sad there aren't more prison jokes and less poor people ones.

(modified by Beemaster after reading following post)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 05:06:06 pm by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2011, 04:38:06 pm »
>>>>I learned Iddee has no friends except White ones,<<<<

Other than that one line, John, that was a fine post. That one line happens to be 180 degrees off the truth.

I have many friends of many nationalities, creeds, colors, and origins.

But I also have self pride, which I find lacking in many posters.
Many on here would fight you over their hometown ball team before they would their race or nationality. They have no self pride.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2011, 04:58:43 pm »
Iddee, I am glad you made me reread what I read and apologize I misinterpreted one of your posts an I wanted to add I look forward to meeting you at Bud3. I'm still busy looking for the best airfare, it is around $385 for me plus about $90 parking fees - ugh. But worth ten times that in fun and friendships. I know what you mean about traveling a long distance to see friends. How couldn't come, it is a weekend to remember forever.

Peace and thanks for the kudos on my other post content.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2011, 05:01:27 pm »
John, if it makes you feel better, you're are a peckerhead too!!   :buttkick:
 :-D
But I agree.  And know that I need to laugh at myself sometimes.

It has been a loooong winter. 

Let me tell you about my new hobby....

How sweet it is, and how FAST the winter has flown!! (and the money from my wallet but that is a different issue...)  I'd highly recommend it for those beeks getting cabin fever.
Rick

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2011, 05:06:37 pm »
I think we all need a group hug  :-* :-P
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2011, 06:09:14 pm »
No problem on my side, John. I've been called much worse.

You could always leave your car at my house and ride with me and kathy.
I'm 510 miles from William Penn in downtown Philadelphia. That would put you driving only 1000 mile round trip.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2011, 06:11:36 pm »
there ya go.  you  might even be able to catch a cheap SW flight in if you don't want to drive.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2011, 07:04:39 pm »
Thanks Iddee and Kathy, nice to feel welcome. But I have this thing called I hate car travel and Bud1 reminded me of that - I enjoyed the roadtrip (28 hours in a car with Brendhan - shoot me now  :shock: ) and Dallas round trip from Northern Florida to Buds.

I'm just wiped when I get anywhere and it is unfair to everyone. By flying, I drive just over an hour to either Philly or Newark airports and magically (2 more airports later, I'm getting hugged by Uncle Bud - pretty sweet deal really.

I only wish they still had shuttle bus to the airport from here (literally 2 miles away) that I could hop to the airport, no parking fees that way, but the economy took that ride away.

Gonna be great seeing new faces, and seeing the old ones is really great too. Peace.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2011, 01:13:14 pm »

I'm severely disabled, if someone is beating the snot out of someone else, I don't agree with the instigator, but I'm not likely to get physically involved because it's doubtful I could be of any assistance.  I might walk away and call the police. 

Well then you have done something. You might even hang around to be an eye witness.

So there might be those that do absolutely nothing to help either side. Because of who knows what. But then when they themselves need help..... ?

There are many times something is happening and I wish I could do something, but I have no idea what to do to help and very limited means with which to help. A kind word of support for the one side and strong words against the other side is perhaps all one can offer, but at least they have taken a side and done what they can.

Only a person that doesn't care about what is going on will not be for either side, but that makes them also against both sides.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2011, 03:03:51 am »
Just thought I'd point out that ethnic jokes have been around since the 1st Cainanite.

My dear departed father-in-law loved ethnic jokes.  He could tell them for hours at a time an never repeat the same joke.  He bragged he knew every ethnic joke there ever was. 

So I asked him if he knew how to keep a pollock in suspense,
He said sure, give hive a double headed coin and ask him to find tails.
I said, no that will only keep him entertained, how do you keep a pollock in suspense.
He says, Okay, I bite, how do you keep a pollock in suspense.
I leaned over and whispered in his ear, "I'll tell you tomorrow!"

That's when I found out he really did know how to laugh.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2011, 04:36:34 pm »
I've always believed that most stereotypes have a bit of truth to them, or did somewhere in history. I'm stereotypically am a hot headed, stubborn Irishman.  And add being a LEO in to that - WOW!

(You could find many a joke to fit my stereotype :) With any of you that  I've been fortunate enough to meet, you know I have a bit twisted (may I say warped) sense of humor - it is my gift. Kinda long winded (and I thread when I talk just like I do when I write in the forum. By the way, it is enjoyable with everyone writings, not just typing - everything is so entertaining and informative.

We start our "8th year" on the 20th of February as a forum, sweet.

Scads... Beautiful hobby indeed! Of all the creatures on Earth, I think some of the coolest ones (like creatures from another galaxy) the creatures occupy our oceans, that's almost 80% of our planet - many at unfathomable depths. They are hauntingly beautiful to watch. Thanks for sharing :)

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2011, 12:39:15 am »
Race , color , religion , sexual persuasion , geographical location.

Its usually in bad taste when the big pick on the small and defenceless.!

Bullies will always bee bullies

Mostly because of lack of self confidence , or the only way to feel good about themselves is by putting others down and standing on them so they can crawl up out of the cesspool of there life-  :-\

mvh edward :P = Dumb Swede , drunk Irish , cheap Scott , limey Britt , middle aged man  :-D forgot Canadian , but no ones angry aboot the canucks.?

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 01:32:41 pm by edward »

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2011, 01:01:18 am »
I honestly believe the "dumb polish" jokes came from a misreported story that they charged the German Tanks on horseback in 1939 (they had actually torn up some german infantry, but wound up trapped and defeated by the fast panzers.)  yep, bringing a horse to a tank battle is pretty dumb.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline kingbee

• Queen Bee
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2011, 01:56:55 am »
No, it is not the truth. Islam is not our enemy...

You are right.  It is Mohammedans who are our ememy.

Offline kingbee

• Queen Bee
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2011, 02:40:54 am »
 :whip:   Children, children, sit down and hush up!  Listen carefully now, there may be a pop quiz.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=peckerwood
>>>“A peckerwood is a rural white southerner, usually poor, undereducated or otherwise ignorant and bigoted, the term gained popularity in the deep south during the early twentieth century and was meant to be derogatory. It is a reversal of the name of the red bellied [?] woodpecker which had a patch of red on the back of its head and neck, therefore a peckerwood is a redneck,…<<<”

This comes from a former Audubon member and a life long birdwatcher.  Someone needs to give the Urban Dictionary folks an anatomy lesson, they can't tell their neck from their belly.  To my knowledge there is no bird known as the “red bellied wood pecker.”  The bird referred to is the NORTHERN flicker.  There are two color phases of the NORTHERN flicker, the red shafted and the yellow shafted, Google it.  The yellow-shafted color phase of the NORTHERN flicker is the state bird of Alabama, aka the Yellowhammer State.  The “hammer” part of its name comes from the sound this bird makes while carving out nesting sights in dead or hollow trees.  Honeybees looking for a home often used these holes to gain access to hollow trees cavities.

Y’all all get a life, at worst this is a tempest in a crack pipe and at best a storm in a shot glass, because none of you have been anything but good little Politically Correct (though grossly misinformed) boys and girls. 

From the 1980s until shortly before 911, I had extensive dealings with people from the Middle East.  Therefore, I never refer to adherents to the dictates of the god known as Allah by any name other than the Politically Incorrect name, “Mohammedan.”  Behind my back, many Mohammedans referred to me as “abdula al Christian,” (slave to the Mohammedan prophet Jesus Christ) or “al Infidel” or “Crusader”.  However, if the Mohammedans would only give me the honors to which my birthright entitles me and call me a name of which I am justifiably proud, like “Cracker,” I would relent.

Some posting here claim to have all the answers, but they don't even understand the questions.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2011, 08:19:38 am »
To my knowledge there is no bird known as the “red bellied wood pecker.”

WOW, I can't argue with some who knows more than Cornell University.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/red-bellied_woodpecker/id

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2011, 11:22:18 am »
Those people that think they know everything really annoy those of us that do know everything.   :-D
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

anything