Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Beek from IL  (Read 1753 times)

Offline mcdwill

• New Bee
    • My Bee Blog
New Beek from IL
« on: May 10, 2012, 11:41:30 am »
So I'm a new keeper here, I've been procrastinating giving beekeeping a try for quite a few years.  I finally decided to give it a try this year after talking with a fellow co-worker who had previously kept bee's for many years and only recently had to give it up due to other obligations.  I've spent a good deal of time reading this forum, a couple of great blogs and Michael Bush's site.

My bee's came last Thursday two 4 frame nuc's, after getting them installed and then watching them for a bit I realized this is likely to be one of the most addicting hobbies I've picked up.  I have two different hive setups one using 10 frame mediums, and the other is using the standard setup of 2 deeps and foundation.  I wanted to give myself the chance to see the differences between the two before I committed myself one way or the other.

I've got a nice little blog setup which has been handy since my co-worker lives over an hour a way and he can check in the photos and let me know if he see's anything awry.  I'll get a link posted once I get through my new member status.

Not much else I can think of to say except, I think I want more hives already as its been incredibly difficult to just sit and watch the hives without being able to get in them.  I have to keep reminding myself they need their undisturbed time to do their work, but I'm curious as to whats going on inside.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: New Beek from IL
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 02:13:47 pm »
Welcome to the forum, and yes it is additive.  You may also check to see if there is a local bee club.  Good luck with your bees.

Joe

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 03:11:07 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 08:11:28 am »
Welcome to the site!

Offline tefer2