Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Longmire, Jutified, SPY and WHITES  (Read 3325 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Longmire, Jutified, SPY and WHITES
« on: June 04, 2013, 11:16:55 pm »
Not up to making four posts, so I'll break it down here.

I must say HULU has brought me some great TV shows, all of these are very good.

Longmire, a Sheriff dealing with person ghosts that haunt him, but a truly righteous man in Wyoming , our least populated state I believe with 6 people per square mile, deals with boundary issues with Native American land, and not only a fresh story every week, often involving a murder, but also carrying a plot that slowly unwinds itself to us each week. We watched the entire series this weekend.

Justified, a Federal Marshall sent back to his home town years after leaving, marrying and divorcing. This actor I remember from the movie the crazies and knew he would be a great leading character and this show is perfectly cast for him. I think this is season four and until a walk down HULU lane, I never heard of it. Being a Federal Marshall (not sure if there are any other kind) he does travel, keeping the stories fresh. It too, has a underlying plot, mostly how as wise and gentle he appears, there is a darker side to him which I have not see enough shows to know about except it involves his father, recently out of prison.

SPY, a British show that sadly ran only 17 episodes, just turned down for its third season. Follows a guy, ashamed f working at a low budget electronic store, wants to better himself -  he thought he was taking a civil service test but not so, he mistakenly takes an MI-5 test and aces it. The boss, a character called the Examiner I think of Britain's Kevin Spacey, not only a good look alike, but able to play a remarkably cunning yet twisted leader, kinky and cunning. The shows story though is between Tim the new agent and his genius son Marcus (likely the best child actor I have ever seen) there is a custody battle for Marcus and seeing the whacky custody judges and councilor figures mimics life so very well. Very smart show, I miss this one already.

WHITES, takes place is a restaurant kitchen in a castle turned hotel. The fellow who plays (Tim in Spy mentioned above) plays the sou chef in this smart comedy where people in the kitchen, the owner and hotel manager seem to live in worlds that rarely intersect except to either show their own false vanity or display their clueless traits. Sadly, this only lasted 6 episodes, but I highly recommend you spend an evening with this crew - somehow this show didn't make it, and as in SPY, I think that The British are too busy watching the dribble from American TV,  and miss great hits on their own tellies.  
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 11:28:45 pm by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Longmire, Jutified, SPY and WHITES
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 09:42:47 am »
I have enjoyed Longmire and Justified.  I liked the main character in Justified better in the first season.  He got a lot stupider in the last season.  In the first season I could not imagine him doing the things he does in the last one.  One of my pet peeves watching movies/TV is when the bad guy has a gun and a hostage and the good guy has a gun and the good guy gives up all of his power by putting his gun down.  To gain what?  Nothing.  Because the bad guy threatened to shoot someone?  And how is he less likely to shoot them when you have no power at all?  The first season Raylan would never have done that.  The last season Raylan did.  But other than that, it is an interesting plot with a lot of interesting characters.  It's really the characters that make it work.

My favorite scene in the movie Billy Jack is when the sherrif threatens to shoot the girl if Billy Jack doesn't put down his rifle.  Billy points it at the sherrif. 

Sheriff Cole: "You'd kill her just like that?"
Billy Jack: "No. You'd kill her. Then I'd kill you. Just. Like. That."

Of course the sheriff doesn't shoot they girl.  He doesn't want to die...

That's my kind of hero.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Moots

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 09:59:02 am »
I'm only 1 for 4....

But I have seen most, if not all of Longmire, and have enjoyed it very much.  :)

Offline gdoten

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 12:24:31 pm »
Justified kicks butt! My favorite show on TV. Excellent bunch of characters. (Olyphant was great in Hitman too.) Groggins shines too; can I get an Amen! Mags and on and on ... amazing bunch to watch.

Michael, Raylan is mellowing due to a new family member, I think.
-glenn-

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 01:50:29 pm »
> Raylan is mellowing due to a new family member

Mellowing I understand.  Getting stupid is a different matter...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline alfred

• House Bee
    • Alfred's Massage
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 09:07:37 pm »
Been Binge watching Spy all afternoon. Great show, so hooked.

alfred