Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: BEEMASTER'S NEW HOME - 5 photos and floor plans too  (Read 5881 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
BEEMASTER'S NEW HOME - 5 photos and floor plans too
« on: April 25, 2008, 03:26:31 pm »
I'll have some good hi-res stuff up soon, just took this 30 minutes age :) The tree's coming out pretty now :) I drove by the house to see if I could capture any good pics. This first pic does show where we will expand a two carwide driveway. Otherwise no work needs to get done in the front.

We are going to remove the front chainlink fence and create a double wide drive way - new sidewalks and curbs coming THIS year there. So, I'll have a two space driveway, the garage is going to be my workshop, no car will ever park in my workshop! This includes patching the grass where it has a footpath.

These side shots are showing the current owners "stuff" but gives a good view of the 80ft backyard to the wilderness. It looks as if the grass is in good shape, might need some patching in the rear. We will be moving 6 trees of our own, 4 Rose-o-sharons, a 9 foot tall concical ever green.

Thanks for looking at the photos. The Motorhome by the way will be behind the second car space in the driveway - I will not pour concrete concrete any deeper than the front of the house. The 37ft motorhome will tuck back far enough to keep the neighbors happy.

Finally the big tree shot, I'll have more photos, but for now I'm still in the process of buying, so I would be traspassing to get yards shots - lol, don't need that.

Hope you all liked what photos I could grab.

Bonus - these are the simple floor plans I made for me and Tracey to move small cutouts of furniture I made too - we sort of ColorForm (God, no-one under 20 probable understood that reference) anywhay, we are aliding furniture around on a scale size legal size paper of these floor plans. Thought you might enjoy these :)

and finally here are floor plans I mad myself from the two walk throughs we did - they are also agreed upon by my wife that they look like the layout to both of us.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 08:02:56 pm by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: Finally a good quality phoyo of the new house
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 03:36:48 pm »
I am not impressed I don't see one bee hive. ;)

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: Finally a good quality photo of the new house
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 03:48:28 pm »
What do you think the green mailbox is for?  Everyone knows the bees like those kind of places. :-D

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 04:03:35 pm »
That's right, it may be a mailbox now, but will be a swarm trap on June 20th when we close :) I think it would be a great lure if set up right!!

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline MrILoveTheAnts

• Field Bee
    • Biodiverse Gardens
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 05:15:23 pm »
Shutters on the windows need to be at least twice as big. Maybe a different color too. I like it otherwise.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 06:28:47 pm »
Plenty of room for beehives. Great house.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: BEEMASTER'S NEW HOME - 5 photos from street.
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 09:38:46 pm »
high fence hides bees.  nice place!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 12:44:49 am »
Generally, we do not get the weather (especially on the North side of the house) where many builders off REAL WOOD SHUTTERS. I really think they are cool, but this type home, follows a particular look of the year it was sided.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 10:03:25 am »
John, beauty!!!  No need to thank us for looking at the pics, we are that nosey crew, remember (hee, hee, well, I know that I am).

You are house proud, what a wonderful thing, I love your new house, it looks very nicely kept and you and Tracey are going to have the time of your lives in your new home.  I love the tree and the yard, and all that goes with it, yeah!!!!  A two car driveway, that is so cool. 

Now, you say that no car will ever park in your workshop.  Huh!!!  Just wait until you get it full of bee boxes, propolis, wax, and then, maybe you might have some room for your tools, which of course will be all sticky and full of bee gunks!!!  Hee, hee.  Thank you so much for taking us into this part of your life, you are a proud new homeowner.  Have the most wonderful and best of this great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 03:47:43 pm »
Cindi and all:

Thanks for the comments - all are appriciate :)

Of course we have plans to personalise it to fit our needs and our appeal. The front, besides the double car-wide drive way and taking down the front chainlink fence will enough for season one.

I really would like to get the dining room window removed and a French door added there onto a sizable elevated deck, a real space to share the outdoors, by visually bringing it inside and opening up room for guests :)

In the Fall, I'll do some major grass seeding to fill any any spots to try and even it all out nicely. I don't want to make lawn-moving work for myself, but if a full green lawn and a spotty lawn is the choice, I'll gladly look over a green lawn any day! Of course, my 21" wide mower will be put to the curb, I'll need something self-propelled and much wider to handle this lawn. But ayear from now, wow - it will be perfect, with lots of minor diddle around projects to always keep up making it nicer and more personalised.

The gargage will need some help - I think. I couldn't see it all since it held lots of stuff ready for the owners to move out. Seeing the house empty will be a nice (hopefully) surprise, showing us ever square inch we have to work with. But I do expect a nice work space for doing all small home projects.

Honestly, I don't expect to have a huge increase in my hive count. I don't want a honey house, I want a work shop. Most everyone understands that my BEEKEEPING EXPERIENCES are 1) observing honeybee activity and of course doing my part in keeping the forums pleasant for all. We have some neat behind the scenes things happening, upgrades persay that will insure our future for many many years to come. So, I'll be happy with a few hives, plenty of trees we are transfering from this house to the new one and an opened up backyard, over looking the great Pinelands of New Jersey.

As soon as we get in the house, I'll give you photos BEFORE and AFTER we decorate the rooms, I hope to take pics of every inch before we start anything, including repainting the rooms, etc..

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 05:22:46 pm »
Hope you'll save the chainlink your going to take down.  It would be perfect to enclose some rural hives.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 06:25:39 pm »
That is a great idea for a fence for a small beeyard to a rear section of the yard - although, I believe in formed neighbors, not camoflagued neighbors. I have photos from every neighbor holding frames BAREHANDED and SMILING!

That is the best way, I can't see the need against prepitors here, worse thing we ever deal with is a skunk or a opposum. I sure would rather have two or three attractive hives, in a garden like atmophere then a apiary fenced in like a dog pound.

GREAT IDEA THOUGH where critters or neightbors both need caring to! Thanks :)

Offline MrILoveTheAnts

• Field Bee
    • Biodiverse Gardens
Re: Finally a good quality phoyo of the new house
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2008, 08:13:16 pm »
I am not impressed I don't see one bee hive. ;)

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Maybe they're inside the house.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
Re: BEEMASTER'S NEW HOME - 5 photos and floor plans too
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 01:36:23 am »
I had to remind the "I'm not impressed gang, who also likes full weather ready shutters) that this isn't a poll - lol. I will post a few good closeup arials from a few neat sites I found (try your home at www.zillow.com - search for the bird eye view and look at your place from about 200 feet up from all sides - sweet program realitors use to determine local house costs within each amenitied houses.

Any way. I love that there are enough jobs to really have us busy all Summer. At some point (and he is being patient with me) PDMattox is coming up here to visit. I'm already starting to figure out lists for objects to be categorized by: family airlooms, keep items long storage, keep items near storage, give away, sell, trash. Lots of work ahead, but I real realy wan't Dallas to help me on one special "Help the Beemasters move in" that is the day of renting a U-Hal for 2 hours and moving all the major appliances from our house to the new one.

I already have the electriacan and Aircondition guy ready for the move in week. I talk to the painter next week who we will have working while the others are doing 200 amp and central AC units installed. So week one is preping for us to start moving in, nothing gets moved in UNTIL the painting is done and Complete shapoo Cleaning (we are forutunate enough to own a commercial carpet cleaner unit, so well do that.

So week two we move in, I'd like to have PDMattox here the TWO WEEKS I HAVE OFF from June 21st to August 25th Aimed in that window when we are moving, cause WE CAN FOLLOW THE PAINTER AROUND - I'll orinize which we want him to paint in what order, and we'll bring in the big items from my house when we can carry all the big items at once - during that week move!!  We need to have 2 or hopefully 3 days to visit nyc, philadelphia, and Altantic City which would be a GREAT NIGHT TRIP, we should STAY OVER  :roll: That would be a guy trip, Atlantic City for sure.

NONE OF THIS WHICH WE HAVE EVEN SET A DATE TO - but THESE ARE THE BEST HAND I'm HOLDIN for the both of us. :) I know Dallas will read this!

So I'll inroduce him to the Beemaster Labor Camp for 2 out of 5 days starting the mMondat if possible (or a day either side of June 23rd for 5 days would be enough punnishment for this poor guy.

Then I need to tell you about an INTERNATIONAL MEMBER who is HERE IN THE STATES NOW - look for that post.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 01:49:37 am »
John, how wonderful that Dallas will be helping you with the move, for some reason I think he is a strong man, I am not sure what has given me  this impression, but I see that.  Good.  He will be your helper, (and don't make him work too hard), oops, did I say that? hee, hee.  That is nice

You have lots of planning that you are putting in place, you will move into your new home with your lovely Wife and it will be a smooth transition, it sounds like you are ensuring that will occur, and that is wonderful, so carry on, have that great and wonderful day in this cool life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 08:37:36 am »
Oh don't get me wrong. I think the house is very nice. Once there are some beehives in the yard, then it will be impressive. ;)

Congrads on the new house.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 08:57:44 am »
The first thing I would do is open one of the walls up and plexiglass it, observation hive!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline randydrivesabus

• Queen Bee
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 12:14:04 pm »
good luck in your new home. enjoy it!

Offline Janemma

• House Bee
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 01:58:24 pm »
It's looking really nice!!!!  I love seeing pictures of peoples homes and being able to have an image of where they live!!!  (or are going to live lol!) 

anything