Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I GOT MY BEES TODAY!!!!!  (Read 4336 times)

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
I GOT MY BEES TODAY!!!!!
« on: April 03, 2005, 10:29:40 pm »
I was so happy, to day I got my bees. It was about 6 pm by the time I got them and got home to install them. They are doing quite fine and my queen is already huge. They are taking the sugar water really fast. They already have taken out the dead bees from the pack and I am going to check the queen cage in 4 days, bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
I GOT MY BEES TODAY!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 10:58:11 pm »
That's great...... bet you're excited. :)

Beth

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
I GOT MY BEES TODAY!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 11:14:49 pm »
Congrats Ryan....

You are doing the right thing - be patient and give them plenty of time to get use to their new home! Hope someday to see some photos - and welcome Beekeeper to the forum  :wink:
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Agility Mom

• House Bee
I GOT MY BEES TODAY!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 11:32:12 pm »
That is great! Have fun.
Judy

Offline lively Bee's

• House Bee
I GOT MY BEES TODAY!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 11:46:13 pm »
Congrats Ryan

I installed all 12 of mine to day I piked them up at kelly's yesterday.

I had 2 that were building comb in side the package box.  But all went well.

Good Luck

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
I GOT MY BEES TODAY!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 09:15:11 am »
I'm jealous!  My nuc won't be ready for pickup for another month!

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
I GOT MY BEES TODAY!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 09:31:57 am »
They are sucking down the sugar as fast as I can make it, lol. They are both very strong already, as so as I put them in they started eating, cleaning, doing play flights, and guards where on the entrance untill dark. It will be over 75 here today so I will go see them after school today and take them more food. O yeah, I am pretty positive that C2 is more aggressive than C1, bye :D  :D  :D
Ryan Horn

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
I GOT MY BEES TODAY!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 11:28:48 am »
Quote from: indypartridge
I'm jealous!  My nuc won't be ready for pickup for another month!

indy if you are getting five frame nucs you want be for behind ryan, just keep you chin up.
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
I GOT MY BEES TODAY!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 06:33:23 pm »
They are flying like crazy today doing their "play" flights. They both have already drinken a jar of sugar water too, bye :D  :D  :D
Ryan Horn

Offline Rich V

• House Bee
I GOT MY BEES TODAY!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 11:28:04 am »
That's sounds great Ryan. I am expecting mine any day now. Did you get them from Dadant in Watertown ?

Offline Wandering Buddhist

• New Bee
I GOT MY BEES TODAY!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 11:29:56 am »
Excellent, Ryan, good for you!  Ours were delayed another week and we will not get them until May 7.  I am so anxious!

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
I GOT MY BEES TODAY!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 10:29:57 pm »
My bees in the long run didnt come from Dadant, they came from cali. It stinks to hear you have to wait for yours another week WB. When on vacation I was worried that they would come when I wasnt home even though I had a back up plan. When we got home on friday it was such a nice day and I hoped I didnt have to wait much longer becuase I was missing out on great weather. Well as you all know they came sunday and it is now wednes day. Both of my queens have been released and they have a few frames almost completely drawn out!!! They are drinking the sugar water like crazy and when getting out the queen cages today alot of the bees where packed with maple pollen but I didnt want to keep the hive open long enough to see where they where storing it. I am going to finish painting my other two hive bodies so they are ready when needed and I am going to check on them next wednesday. That is all that is new around here, bye :D  :D  :D
Ryan Horn