Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The dandelions, my Neice and me  (Read 2832 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
The dandelions, my Neice and me
« on: May 07, 2008, 10:45:21 am »
Oh my youngest Neice, who is 5, is a beautiful little soul.  Her entire life is spent outside playing, having fun on our property, she weeds, she rakes leaves, she picks flowers and she hangs out.  She lives in a world of mostly young boys, the only girls are the ones at school.  Her older Sister is 16, so she doesn't hang with her much, so she is in her little world of girl stuff when she is hangin' outside with me.

She loves to pick dandelions.  That is her gig right now.  She will pick other flowers later as the season progresses, but she is a dandelion picker.  She spends the longest time gathering these flowers, and offers them as gifts to me.  She knows that flowers need water to stay alive, she picks them, shows them to me and then goes to my house to get her favourite little cup to put them in, and then brings them to me.  They sit outside until I am ready to go into the house.  She is my soulmate in the garden, and it makes that lump in my throat when I think of the beauty of her soul.  Enjoy these pretty little pictures and think of this darling little girl, have the most beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi

In this picture you will see Titan, the pittbull, he is also my partner in crime outside, narry a few feet from me or this child, knowing so well that soon there will be a weed clump or a stick for him to go to work to try and catch and retrieve, he is a working dog.  That Weimeramer in the background is her dog.  He is a working dog too.  He always retrieves stuff.  He is a ball catcher.  He always has a tennis ball somewhere that he always gets and will drop right infront of you, so you cannot avoid moving it (by throwing it to him) so you can continue with the task in hand.  He even drops it into my weed bucket so that I HAVE to throw it for him, oh those children and dogs.

The dandelions had found a home within one of the patches of anise, staying cool until I returned into my home

This young lady is also a builder and designer, just like her Mother.  I have a bridge that crosses the bee ditch that my Husband had built.  I had some lathe that I was pounding into the soft soil as fenceposts for the two foot 1" chicken wire that I use to keep the chickens out of designated areas when I let them out of their chickenyards.  This young Neice made her own little bridge, right beside my bigger, stronger bridge out of this material.  Designer, at the age of 5.  The little bridge was strong enough for her to walk over, what a gal!!!  It amazes me that she figured out that there would need to be two sticks that cross the ditch to provide strength for the other sticks running the other direction, she makes me smile, that beautiful inward smile that I am doing now, thinking of her......

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Re: The dandelions, my Neice and me
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 12:10:27 pm »
Oh Cindi, what beautiful pictures.  She is beautiful!!  My favorite memories are of working outside w/the kids, their gifts of flowers. the things they find & ask about, they see the world in a different way than us adults!  Quite a bridge too!  She is very lucky to have the opportunity to "build", that's how they learn & the bits & pieces of each experience adds to their self esteem & sense of accomplishment to be pulled out later in life when they need it!  I feel so sorry for the kids that don't get these chances, the chances to be "in" the wonder of childhood where anything is possible & the world is magic.  I got a visit from one of my daycare families on Fri.  Erica (23)has a beautiful son now 8 wks.  Aimee is growing into quite the young lady. right at the beginning of teen & Ben is a sensitive, loving 5th grader.  This is the 1st year they didn't stop by on Halloween, their Mom is still hearing about it!!  I love knowing I warped a whole new generation!!  Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 10:18:50 am »
Jody, you have also those beautiful tales to tell.  I love your stories too, I read them with keen interest, as so many other stories that my forum friends do bring on here too.  I agree 100% with the beauties of what nature can bring to these little people.  Children that grow up in the country, even in the places that aren't country, but still have a yard to play in, grass to romp on, bugs and things to see and do are blessed, they will realize this when they grow up, they may not realize it as a child, but as an adult, there will always be that little bit of country in them, this will be brought on to their children....

There was a time in my life where I lived in an apartment, when I was single for a period of time with my youngest gal.  I liked living in an apartment setting for awhile, but then the call of the country got to me and I moved into a house with acreage, there my second Daughter was born and raised.  I was born country and will die country.  That is my life, I have had the taste of city life, and never would I stray there again.  Beautiful and most wonderful day, lovin' this life we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 02:54:45 pm »
Oh boy Cindi!!
 Shes BEAUTIFUL!!
 I wish my son had played outside when he was young like she does...Brad wont leave the house. If its not video oriented he's not interested.
Ok,...Giving this some thought now(DEEEEP thought), Brad has shown an interest in girls finally!! Especially the ones with cars! The ones I like though arent the ones he likes. I guess he mostly likes girls that are like him(very few,....They're interested in boys, not video games! :))..I like the ones who want to look around and go outside. I also like the ones that hang out with Janelle and I. Brad gets mad....He says  I'm "Stealing" his friends :?
 Oh yeh,...back to your little "Cutie Pie"
 When I was a kid, back in California, I had a crush on a girl......Her name was Caroline Amis.(heh heh,...Not to be confused with Cindy Wisely.....or Claudia Barescu,.....or Phyllis..Or Julie from down the street...Or Margy Tillman, my best friends sister....Most of these girls hated me! But, They knew, that I knew, they knew i EXISTED!) Anyways, Caroline Amis had the same hair doo your niece has!!..They are/were identical, almost! The light skin, the brown hair.....
 THIS is the kind of picture that brings back memories!!!
 I'm 50 now,...I still wonder what ever happened to my 6 year old crush....
 Matter of fact, I'd like to know what ever happened to all my old childhood friends..Dad was in the service and we never stayed anywhere for more than 2 or 3 years.
Thanks for the picture! It looks like a REAL HOMEY home, with the woods and stuff all around!!

your friend,
john

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 11:26:29 pm »
John, holy crow!!  It sounds like you had a whole bunch of childhood crushes, casanova!!!  Beautiful day in our great life.  Cindi