Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Another swarm list I started  (Read 3149 times)

Offline budhanes

• New Bee
    • Find A Beekeeper - Swarm List
Another swarm list I started
« on: March 30, 2010, 04:48:11 pm »
I recently started a swarm list for US beekeepers. It allows for a search for beekeepers who remove swarms by zipcode to help find the closest beekeepers. If you would like listed please go to findabeekeeper.com and click the "add listing" link and I'll add you.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Another swarm list I started
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 04:58:39 pm »
Thanks Bud!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 05:56:53 pm »
Thanks Bud! I just signed up (trying to catch up with JP :-D)
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 06:05:04 pm »
Yah thanks can I post a link to your site on my webpage?
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 09:30:00 pm »
Thanks!
"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 09:44:21 pm »
added mine.  thanks!!!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 12:20:40 am »
When I placed my zipcode in, it listed every beekeeper on the list, not just the local area.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 01:15:53 am »
Thank you bud, very nice of you.
Annette it does give every beekeeper but it goes in order of which ones are closest to you and lists them first.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 12:09:32 pm »
thanks Bud!

I signed up also, sure could use several swarms this year.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline budhanes

• New Bee
    • Find A Beekeeper - Swarm List
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 07:01:29 pm »
Thanks for all of the replies and postings. You may post a link anywhere you think it would interest to people. I started it somewhat late for this swarm year, but I've had quite a few postings. Someday, maybe this next winter, I can expand it to include package and queen sellers, not sure if there would be enough interest though. Maybe list migratory beekeepers and such, not sure. I was just looking to make a site (another one of my hobbies) that would allow people to find a beekeeper to remove swarms and honey, without wading through lists of beekeepers who aren't close enough. I hope it works out once listed well in the search engines. Most of the swarm lists I visit have listings by state, witch works fine in smaller states like Rhode Island and smaller states. They just don't seem feasible for larger states like California, Texas, etc... Oh well, glad I had so many responses thus far! Thanks "Bee Buddies"!

anything