Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Kansas  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Kansasbert

• New Bee
Hello from Kansas
« on: May 14, 2009, 04:59:13 pm »
Just thought Id take a minute to say hello.  I am new both to beekeeping and to the beemaster website.  I started my first hive this spring with 3lbs from an apiary in KY.  Just today I added my second med. super to expand the broodnest. 

Beekeeping so far has been a great adventure, I live on a working cattle ranch in SE Kansas and set my hive up between our family garden and an alfalfa field, hopefully this will make for a productive bee yard.  I look forward to logging on and reading about everyones opinions and experiences. 

Thanks, Rob

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Hello from Kansas
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 08:26:03 pm »
Hello and Welcome Rob
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny   

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 06:37:59 pm »
Rob, welcome to our forum, great that you have found us.  You will enjoy spending time here.  This will be a place where you can tell your stories, tales and experiences, and also make some new friends.  Good that you got those bees, you will soon be held under their spell, the more you learn about them, the more compelled you will be to learn more.  Stick around, we love new members.  Have that most wonderful and awesome day, life and health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline fermentedhiker

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 09:03:15 pm »
Welcome aboard.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 10:52:52 pm »
Welcome to the world of beekeeping, sounds like you have a great place to keep bees,
I hope you stick around and share your experiences with us.

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 06:28:51 am »
Hello, and welcome.  Feel free to ask questions, and remember, pictures, lots of pictures! :bee:

Offline Kansasbert

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 01:33:55 pm »
Thanks for all the replies.  I am excited about my new bee adventure and glad to have found a place to be able to ask questions.  Thanks so much, Rob

Offline dirtyanklebeekeeper

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 10:02:55 am »
Welcome
Damien

anything