Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 95 year old man stung 600 times in botched spray job  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
95 year old man stung 600 times in botched spray job
« on: August 25, 2011, 03:15:58 pm »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/25/redondo-beach-bee-attack_n_936411.html

I always say scariest bees I have ever seen have been sprayed.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: 95 year old man stung 600 times in botched spray job
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 07:55:17 pm »
i read that and that he was treated and released.  i was thinking that he was one lucky guy to be able to take that many stings and go home after.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: 95 year old man stung 600 times in botched spray job
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 11:13:13 pm »
Two years ago on a Saturday I received two 911 dispatch calls about bees that were coming out of the sky and stinging people at a particular location. A lady and her husband arriving home after breakfast stepped out of their vehicle and both having been stung several times ran down the block and entered a neighbor's house who had also been stung by bees coming from the sky.

He was the other 911 call.

I knocked on his door and he and the husband & wife were in that house describing the event to me.

She asked if I would't mind placing her keys in her purse and placing them on the seat of her car after picking them up off the sidewalk.

Long story short after surveying the area and having bees come out of the sky and sting me, I discovered a guy had tried spraying a swarm of bees that were on the back of a military trailer in his back yard with a fire extinguisher.

The closer I got to that house the crazier it got and the meaner the bees were. Three feet from the swarm on the ground was the fire extinguisher.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything