Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: HONEY!!!  (Read 5521 times)

Offline Bee Rancher

• New Bee
HONEY!!!
« on: November 03, 2004, 11:18:16 pm »
Just finished extracting honey from some hives that were given to me since they were abandoned years ago.  Man these guys were mean.!!!!  But great honey!  We extracted 41qts from 8 supers.  Ended up with 3 new hives and some supers and drawn out frames.  Flowable gold is great.   Have pics but clueless how to post them..  Sorry.
"Remember the Brotherhood"
9-11-01

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
HONEY!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 10:13:40 am »
Great news!

Sounds like you need to work next spring to get a new queen in there to settle down those bees though. It's not fun working with an aggressive hive.

Beth

Offline Bee Rancher

• New Bee
HONEY!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 09:21:36 pm »
I know that is right!!  They just do not know how good they will have it next year.  Hopefully they will realize it later.  The honey is awesome.   I just finished cleaning all the equipment.  It was all worth it though.

Hank
9-11-01

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
HONEY!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 10:04:30 pm »
I personally like to eat any extra honey that's all over any spoons or spatula we've used.  :P  I still never get tired of eating all that sticky honey.
I think all that sticky mess is sorta fun - turns me into a kid. lol

Beth

Anonymous

HONEY!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 08:18:19 am »
I did a post in the photo section on how to post a picture.  :roll: Well the way I do it any way.
Beth ya'll better be careful, all that honey can spike your blood sugar thru the roof. Remember Moderation is the best course.
 :D Al

Offline Bee Rancher

• New Bee
HONEY!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 09:24:55 am »
Beth, don't worry I ingested plenty of honey prior to clean up.  Besides moderation is no fun! :D   Twister thanx for the input. I read your post.  Does that actually put it on the pic on the post or is it still a link?  I want to add it to my actual post.

Hank
9-11-01

Anonymous

HONEY!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 09:36:33 am »
When I got done extracting my honey I was high for a week, Both physically and mentally. It's such a high to see and smell and eat that liquid gold.

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
HONEY!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 09:57:39 am »
Al.... how do you think I became diabetic in the first place? From sugar addiction of course. :)
I'm really good most of the time, and made really big changes in our diet. I enjoy the changes too, and that's one of the most important parts to change. But I just can't stand it when it comes to the honey. :) When I'm all covered in sticky honey, I turn a little nuts. For the most part we've hand squeezed all the honey out of the wax. So I end up having honey dripping off my hands, and dribbling down to my elbow. I can't resist! I'd probably even lick the counter clean if I could without someone in the house saying "Beth, you have really lost in now".

Beth

Anonymous

HONEY!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2004, 10:48:37 am »
Hank the pictures will show up using my method.

A spiked sblood sugar level isn't good for Diabetics period. Again I say moderation, spread it out.

Offline Bee Rancher

• New Bee
HONEY!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2004, 05:29:33 pm »
I just got back from deer hunting and saw the diabetic concern.  I did not mean to offend anyone.  Sorry.  I know from 8 yrs as a FF/Paramedic  I have seen many cases of serious diabetic emergencys.  Hopefully my remarks to Beth were taken lightly.  Thanx again for the pic help hints maybe tonite I can send them.  

Hank
9-11-01

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
HONEY!!!
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2004, 07:34:25 pm »
Oh I'm not offended or bothered by any remarks. I know Al cares a great deal for my health. I actually feel like I've been adopted myself by this forum. It was just last year when I found out that I'm diabetic, and Al saw my posts about it the days after I found out. I may not behave myself, and most certainly deserve "scolding". And I'd rather have Al scold me, knowing he cares, than to have him not care at all. :) If I had the option, or chance, I'd be honored to have him as a dad or grand-dad.

Beth

Anonymous

HONEY!!!
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2004, 09:44:49 am »
I guess I may be a bit of a stickler about the diabeties thing being one my self and not wanting to progress from type two to where I am looseing limbs, eyesight and other health risk. I am consancely after my mother and brother in law about trying harder to comply with deit and excersize.
Beth we pm'd each other a lot about it in the begining. And geez an old goat like me being a dad again, hardly think so.

Offline Bee Rancher

• New Bee
Al
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2004, 12:37:07 pm »
Hey,
This turned out to be a cool post.  It ended up showing how close nit our community realy is. :D
It is nice to still see people actually sincere to others when they ask or check to see how you truly are doing.

Hank
9-11-01