Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: You just can't get the staff these days ;)  (Read 5114 times)

Offline Janemma

• House Bee
You just can't get the staff these days ;)
« on: April 23, 2008, 08:39:52 pm »
Geez I just left our piggy Charlie in charge of the kids for five minutes and she fell asleep on the job and the kids ran off! Some babysitter she is!!!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: You just can't get the staff these days ;)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 12:12:48 am »
This is a classic post I will not soon forget. What a porchoppin slacker!!!

Hey, wanna see something scary? : http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beepics076hf1.jpg

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 12:29:56 am »
  She (He? :?) is so cute! Now if those kids had goodies...she would be right on that!  I miss my piggy, Her name was Charolette. She left us 4 years ago at the age of 13.  What a character!  I loved to put a blanket out in the sun & take a summer nap with her.  As she got older she would grumble more if rain drops hit her & the snow..owheeeeee! She didn't like that one bit nope nope nope! :-D  Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 09:14:23 am »
Janemma.  Nice little pig, what a strange place to take a nap, I wouldn't trust her babysitting the kids either, hee, hee, thank you for taking us into this part of your life, the most beautiful and wonderful life, lovin' our life we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Janemma

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 11:32:01 am »

Hey, wanna see something scary? : http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beepics076hf1.jpg

...JP

Oh JP great pic!!!  Looks like your pic needs a nap after finishing that box of take-out!!!!  ;)   I always get quite a look when I ask the servers to pack everything into one box because it's for 'the pig'...lol! 

Offline Janemma

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 11:35:34 am »
  She (He? :?) is so cute! Now if those kids had goodies...she would be right on that!  I miss my piggy, Her name was Charolette. She left us 4 years ago at the age of 13.  What a character!  I loved to put a blanket out in the sun & take a summer nap with her.  As she got older she would grumble more if rain drops hit her & the snow..owheeeeee! She didn't like that one bit nope nope nope! :-D  Jody

It's amazing how attached to our piggies we become isn't it?  Charlie is only 18 months old but she is definitely one of the family.  The only ones not too impressed are the cats when Charlie wants to share their bed - I don't think she quite understands how big she is and she tries to squish her huge self into their tiny bed in between them!!!

I can't imagine how we will feel when she leaves us :( 

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 11:43:09 am »
When Charolette was a baby she slept in my bed..Hubby was out catting around & when he finally wandered in he had to sleep in our daughters bed cause I had the dog, cats, kid & pig in ours..heh heh..wonder why he left???  He was going out with a woman that had a pig also...he went for her & I kept my pig..I definately got the better deal!! :evil: :shock:  Charolette had her own sleeping bag by the woodstove, they love the heat!  I miss the little noises she made, pigs are very vocal.  Jody

Offline Janemma

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 12:01:08 pm »
Oh they do love the heat for sure!  Nothing Charlie loves more than warming herself by the firepit with us and eating S'mores!!!  She backs up so close to the ring of stones that we always make jokes about the smell of bacon ;)  but she's such a darling!  I think she hates the winters here as much as me!  She does go outside as long as it warms up to -20 but she doesn't stay outside for long....and she grew a nice thick hairy coat this year. 

I think she agrees with me that moving to Florida would be a very good idea! 

Lol I think you got the better deal too ;)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 12:48:29 am »
When Charolette was a baby she slept in my bed..Hubby was out catting around & when he finally wandered in he had to sleep in our daughters bed cause I had the dog, cats, kid & pig in ours..heh heh..wonder why he left???  He was going out with a woman that had a pig also...he went for her & I kept my pig..I definately got the better deal!! :evil: :shock:  Charolette had her own sleeping bag by the woodstove, they love the heat!  I miss the little noises she made, pigs are very vocal.  Jody

Oh my God you crack me up Jody!!!! :-D :-D :-D Thank you!!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 10:06:55 am »
Jody, oooh that was a funnnnneee and yep, yep, you made me laugh, that gut rollin' laugh, good thing you shared your bed with the critters instead of that dude, sounds like he didn't deserve to be in that place at all, hee, hee.  Have the most beautiful, wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 12:37:50 pm »
Last one to bed can't be choosy!  Besides, I didn't want "Hootchie Mama" cooties! :-x Told this to my "New & Improved" Husband when we first met..He makes sure he is home & "cootie free"!  I feel for my daughter though, she gets so tired of listening to her Dad whine about stuff...he keeps making the same choices in life expecting different outcomes..hmmm...insane comes to mind... :-X  She feels like slapping him & stating the obvious...I now smile & agree with her saying thats why he is there & I am where I am.  Couldn't do that when she was younger (she will be 21) Just had to grit my teeth & bear it..one of the hardest parts of parenting for me was to keep my feelings & opinions to myself..many times had to go out & split wood or toss haybales around.  To anyone going through this they do see what went on as they get older, are stronger for it & are able to do what's best for another above your irritation!  :-D  Jody

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 09:58:17 pm »
Last one to bed can't be choosy!  Besides, I didn't want "Hootchie Mama" cooties! :-x Told this to my "New & Improved" Husband when we first met..He makes sure he is home & "cootie free"!  I feel for my daughter though, she gets so tired of listening to her Dad whine about stuff...he keeps making the same choices in life expecting different outcomes..hmmm...insane comes to mind... :-X  She feels like slapping him & stating the obvious...I now smile & agree with her saying thats why he is there & I am where I am.  Couldn't do that when she was younger (she will be 21) Just had to grit my teeth & bear it..one of the hardest parts of parenting for me was to keep my feelings & opinions to myself..many times had to go out & split wood or toss haybales around.  To anyone going through this they do see what went on as they get older, are stronger for it & are able to do what's best for another above your irritation!  :-D  Jody

You sound like a mom any kid would be proud to have, and lots of wisdom.

...JP

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 12:57:57 am »
Jody, I think there are a couple of gals around here that have that new and improved Husband around here, hee, hee.  Yep, Hoochi Coochies, now that ain't cool, hee, hee, beautiful and best of these days, Cindi

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 07:33:57 am »
Yep, we definitely did better the second (and as far as I'm concerned the last!!) time around  :lol:

anything