Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Tonights bee show  (Read 12202 times)

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
Re: Tonights bee show
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 12:32:46 am »

And I wonder how many on this forum (if not a beekeeper) would pay the thousand dollars, or would of sprayed them.  ;)

To be fair, if it was some random swarm and they seemed really - really aggressive - I'd hose em down with soapy water in a heartbeat.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 01:20:37 am »
I'd have to say about a 3 hour job, if that.

$333.33 dollars per hour.

Of course, I think I counted three beekeepers. So maybe it's like 111.11 per hour per beekeeper.

Must be a California thing. Like a blond joke. How many beekeepers does it take to hold a bee vac?   

For one board removed and sucking up some bees, that's a good paying job.

Not sure if the beekeeper was over charging, or the girls were idiots. Guess I'm just disappointed. Like the mother said "a thousand dollars, to suck up some bees!"

I hope when we see people spraying bees, we should at least realize that perhaps they did in fact call a beekeeper, and sprayed them after they were quoted a thousand dollar estimate.

And I wonder how many on this forum (if not a beekeeper) would pay the thousand dollars, or would of sprayed them.  ;)
what town was it in and what was the guys name--RDY-B

Offline bhfury

• New Bee
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 02:00:59 am »
It's on now. It's on Animal Planet...

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 02:52:09 am »
http://rombergtreeservice.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=1
nice story but they could of got someone to help-if they tried-no need to pay that much and she keep talking about the money
the guy got free advertising-but we already know why he got the job-because he had insurance-but they could of got a bee guy without insurance -and bought the insurance for him as a fee and that would open doors for him-and everyone could live haply ever after-- 8-) RDY-B

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 03:00:44 am »
I have done more difficult cut outs than that for way  WAY  cheaper. They only pulled one board off of the wall and nailed it back on. I wonder if they saved any of the brood?

Kind of disappointing, had rather watch JP and Schwa anyway.

At least the guy was a beek and not the bug spray hack, he even has a website up and running.
 yea that job was a cake walk the whole colony was outside -because there was no vetilation in the sofit
and it was hot -RDY-B

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 06:46:31 am »
Does anyone have a link to the video?

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 08:36:45 am »

I'm pretty sure this is it.....

http://www.livingbees.com/
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 08:42:38 am »
BJ that is what I saw also.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline bhfury

• New Bee
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 11:18:24 am »
Yep thats him

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 12:39:34 pm »
I can't seem to be able to find a link to the episode where they do the actual removal or did they show much of it?

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2011, 01:38:24 pm »
They really did not show very much of it. Fella came out looked aruond and told them a couple hundred to remove the bees, a couple hundred to remove the comb and a couple hundred to nail a board back on. If he was there three hours it was because he was chatting it up. The dog rescue people got ripped off in my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 02:44:44 pm by G3farms »
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2011, 02:36:47 pm »
Just remember, these people are keeping the prices high for everyone here.   When you quote 300 or 600 or 900 and a person complains, tell them that they are getting 1000 a removal on the west coast and if they want to check it out, give them the show. 

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2011, 03:09:43 pm »

I'm pretty sure this is it.....

http://www.livingbees.com/
  yea he is a tree guy starting to do removals--
http://rombergtreeservice.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=1
tells about himself towards the botom--RDY-B

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2011, 05:22:40 pm »
They really did not show very much of it. Fella came out looked aruond and told them a couple hundred to remove the bees, a couple hundred to remove the comb and a couple hundred to nail a board back on. If he was there three hours it was because he was chatting it up. The dog rescue people got ripped off in my opinion.

Sounds like it was way over priced, at least it would be in my area, albeit not unheard of, but if they were given the job, whose fault was it, if it was indeed high compared to others who would have done it cheaper?

...JP

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2011, 06:04:58 pm »
  yes they could have gotten it done cheaper--and i dont want to defend this guy but--in the area
this took place is AHB area and cali requires AHB certification-with a beekeeper exemption-so he needed a AHB
cert -also Imo sure for liability purpose -proper insurance and workers comp-and i looks like he justifies the price by
3 workers at 80 to 100 an hour -which is the commercial rate for most things-and Imo sure the production company required these things -so that excluded alot of local talent -its a shame because it makes beeremoval look almost like Hooksters
 :) RDY-B

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2011, 08:18:24 pm »
Well Rdy-b, I am willing to defend them if the customer only sought them and them only. If they didn't get other estimates there's no reason to bash the removal people.

...JP

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2011, 08:26:43 pm »
 :lol: yea i would like to add that the guy was smiling- :-D RDY-B ---supperbee-1500

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2011, 09:12:32 pm »
3 workers at 80 to 100 an hour -which is the commercial rate for most things-and Imo sure the production company required these things

Yeah, how about that.

Okay you guys that align yourself with the hobbyist, how much would you quote the job (before you did it)?  Remember you got a mountain of paperwork to take on employees plus unemployment and federal taxes, social security and what not.  Never mind nailing up the board, I wouldn't trust you to do that right anyways.  What is your schedule of fairs?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline jldoll

• New Bee
  • Central Indiana
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 10:04:47 pm »
If you want to make a comment about the bee's in this pit bull show.
Go to the address on bjornbee post. Click on web site then go to the bottom of there page and find there face book page
They advertise there shows on there face book page and you can make all the comments you want.
you will have to wait untill after the show has been on tv
Jerry
New imformatiom
Go to the web site then animal planet find viewer relations you will be able to make comments to discovery communications at animal planet.
Just look if I can find this everyone can.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 07:15:40 am by jldoll »
Better to have a gun and not need it
Than need one and don't have it

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee

anything