Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Australian Equipment Manufacturers - extractors etc  (Read 3074 times)

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
Australian Equipment Manufacturers - extractors etc
« on: February 18, 2011, 12:40:33 pm »
Does anyone know of Australian Manufacturers of equipment like extractors, smokers etc?

Offline Mardak

• House Bee
Re: Australian Equipment Manufacturers - extractors etc
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 04:20:39 am »
Most decent metal fabricators will give you a price if you have a specific design and specifications in mind. Stay seated when you hear their prices though. This is the main reason imported extractors are used.

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
Re: Australian Equipment Manufacturers - extractors etc
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 09:04:46 pm »
Thanks mardak, I'm sensing that costs to build here would be prohibitive (which i reckon is stupid! I'd happily buy an australian made extractor/equipment if the costing was competitive) - so what are the main brands of extractor available in australia and what would people recommend? I know of Maxant and Lega - i'm ideally looking for one that i can purchase as a manual but retro-fit with an electric motor later... preferably a kit supplied by the manufacturer. Obviously once i get to my initial goal of 200 hives i'll need something a little bigger than a four frame motorised extractor and an electric knife though

anything