Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Huntersville, NC The Beehive Project  (Read 1673 times)

Offline BeehiveProject

• New Bee
    • The Beehive Project
Hello from Huntersville, NC The Beehive Project
« on: June 07, 2011, 05:37:11 pm »
New to the board.  Getting back into beekeeping with a group of friends.  We have an active project and trying to raise some funds. If you'd like to help, you can search for the project on kickstarter.com  "The Beehive Project". 

You don't know until you ask.  So we are. If we don't raise the funds, we'll move it forward without.  So far, got to say, the bee community has been not nearly as open as it was back in the 80s.  Here's hoping it's a small few only.  

I am looking for a good source for Russian Bees.  I anticipate purchases each year as we expand the program.  So, if a Russian Bee supplier would like a steady purchaser, get in touch with me.

Other than that.. happy to be back into the bee-utiful side of life.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello from Huntersville, NC The Beehive Project
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 05:45:17 pm »
What is the active project and what are the funds for?

Offline BeehiveProject

• New Bee
    • The Beehive Project
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 05:59:14 pm »
Setting up bee apiaries with the Russian Honeybee.  Non-commercial.  Effort to build up the decreased population in the region and, eventually, have grant monies available to help out non-commercial beekeepers hit by CCD.  Fundraising to purchase material for hives, bees and placement of apiaries.

I'd post a link, but can't do it as of yet...

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 08:20:42 pm »
I have a fund raising project of my own...for less than a cup of coffee a day you can help a broke beekeeper to rescue and save hundreds, if not thousands of bees.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907