Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The buzz in Wisconsin  (Read 3825 times)

Offline cmonkey

• New Bee
The buzz in Wisconsin
« on: February 24, 2010, 04:33:24 pm »
Hi, I'm new here! I should be getting my first ever package of bees in April and I'm very excited about it. I hope that my kids will catch the bug (ha) and want to keep bees themselves. In the meantime, I'm counting on the girls to help in the garden. I got ONE zucchini last year. I didn't think that was possible, given the grocery bags I've seen around the office in the summer.

If you're anywhere nearby, please drop me a line. I need all the help I can get!

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
Re: The buzz in Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 09:29:30 pm »
Hi, I'm new here! I should be getting my first ever package of bees in April and I'm very excited about it. I hope that my kids will catch the bug (ha) and want to keep bees themselves. In the meantime, I'm counting on the girls to help in the garden. I got ONE zucchini last year. I didn't think that was possible, given the grocery bags I've seen around the office in the summer.

If you're anywhere nearby, please drop me a line. I need all the help I can get!
Welcome to the forum, cmonkey. By the way good pun. ;) But I do not know where to get the girls garden rakes that small. :-D Hope your kids do enjoy learning about the fascinating bees as you work them. Ask all of your questions and search this site for help, because there are a bunch of good people here, willing to help you.

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 08:37:02 am »
Hello and welcome!

I'm sure you'll find this forum to be an good source of information about bees & beekeeping. Be sure to check out the tutorials on the main Beemaster page!

I also recommend getting involved in a local beekeeping club. Clubs often offer beginning beekeeping classes and are great places to find mentors and get connected with nearby beeks:
http://www.wihoney.com/LocalBeeClubs.html

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 11:33:29 pm »
cmonkey, welcome to our forum, great you found us.  Good luck when you get your bees, you're gonna love them.  Have that wonderful and greatest of days, with health. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 11:48:57 pm »
Where are you cmonkey?  Your first and last post was almost a month ago.

Hope you got bees reserved.  Called my supplier and everything is spoken for except packages. 
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 02:56:43 pm »

Holy cow! This is about the 5th time I've said so this week, but the number of Wisconsinites on this forum is staggering!! Welcome from a fellow mother beek. To tell the truth, though, I have no idea where your town is. Can you give me a larger nearby town for reference?
The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 07:44:38 pm »
Getting the kids interested in bees will probably be a cinch. (I had an abiding interest since I was 7 because of bees in the yard) - didn't get my own bees until last year though. Welcome to the forum.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline podius

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 08:02:03 pm »

Holy cow! This is about the 5th time I've said so this week, but the number of Wisconsinites on this forum is staggering!! Welcome from a fellow mother beek. To tell the truth, though, I have no idea where your town is. Can you give me a larger nearby town for reference?

They would be close to Duluth/Superior
John VT
Spooner, WI(Northwest WI-up in the nose)
equipment---All medium 10 frame boxes, top entrance's, no foundation frames and mann lake pf 120's (7 hives)

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 01:12:49 am »
Brrrrr...
The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline cmonkey

• New Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 06:52:35 pm »
To tell the truth, though, I have no idea where your town is. Can you give me a larger nearby town for reference?

Duluth!

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 08:31:12 pm »
Hey, you came back.  Hope you are in good spirits. 

I am in the Hayward area just about every other weekend.  I also go to Barns alot which is about an hour from Duluth.

Did you get your bees last april?
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Picobrew

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 05:47:55 pm »

I pass near South Range on my way to the Greater Oliver Metro-area.  I live a little to the east in the Coastal Lake Superior region.

Quote from: luvin honey on March 19, 2010, 12:56:43 PM
[/quote] Holy cow! This is about the 5th time I've said so this week, but the number of Wisconsinites on this forum is staggering!![/quote]

Dave

If Thomas89's northern network gets off the ground we may all meet.
I think cayenne, I think cayenne.

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 09:52:52 pm »
I'm heading that way next week with the family for our yearly pilgrimage to the north shore for xx-skiing and snowshoeing. Can't wait!
The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson