Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Guinea Eggs  (Read 3363 times)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Guinea Eggs
« on: December 30, 2008, 03:07:45 pm »
Who else has guinea eggs and would you sell them as a specialty item, separate from chicken eggs, and for how much do you think?

:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Re: Guinea Eggs
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 03:39:13 pm »
I only have 1 so if she is spotty I just put em in with the chix eggs, labeling the carton.  If she is on a roll they go for $5dz or $3 1/2dz. J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 04:21:17 pm »
I got four guineas and they are just starting to lay.... I think. I am getting two eggs a day right now, that is if they are not hiding them somewhere around out side. 

$5 a dozen huh.  :)
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 05:02:08 pm »
YUP! :-D  They are smaller & slightly different than chix, the shells are sooo hard!  They are very good @ hiding them too & the way they "throw" their voices it's sometimes hard to track em down!  J

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 05:35:50 pm »
They are very good @ hiding them too

Ain't that the truth.  And sometimes by the time you find the nest it is overflowing....  Here is one that had over 75 eggs in it.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 06:34:20 pm »
If you have an asian population of any note they like guinea and duck eggs.  $5.00 a dozen for Guinea eggs and $6.00 for duck eggs isn't unheard of for thos markets.  Asian = Indonesian, Philipino, Vietnamese, Taiwanese, and Japanese.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 08:20:30 pm »
Oh Robo, that's so funny!  Then you wonder why you couldn't see them before!  I've found 25 before from my 1 Miss Ginny..I always think of the waste...woulda been $10!!  I hardboil all the "finders" both chix & guinea, smunch em in the vitamix & feed back, shells & all.  Now that I think of it, it would be easier to clean if I smunched FIRST, then cook..hmmm :roll:  A real DUH moment!!  See how helpful this forum is?? ;)  J