Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Black Friday Deals For Beekeeper for 2012  (Read 6421 times)

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
Black Friday Deals For Beekeeper for 2012
« on: November 23, 2012, 12:24:25 am »

Brushy Mountain Bee Farm

Thanksgiving everyone! This also means that Cyber Monday is upon us. Cyber Monday is the internet's response to Black Friday at the brick and mortar stores and is always the Monday after Thanksgiving (November 26). No long lines, no rushing, just the comfort of your keyboard and mouse. This year we are offering free shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states as well as at least 10% Off on all items in the "Holiday Gift Ideas" section of our site.Here is the fine print: orders must be over $100 to qualify; excluded from the free shipping are buckets of corn syrup, honey, glass jars, and truck shipments and dealer orders. To get the free shipping and special prices, you must enter PCCM into the promotion code field of the cart. Once the code is entered, the special pricing will be visible.

Walter T. Kelley Company

Attention Kelley's Website Patrons:

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Josh, and I'm the webmaster for the Walter T. Kelley Company. I issued you an email last Saturday at midnight announcing our fall shipping promotion. Your response so far has been absolutely wonderful, and I'm happy to say that we're on track to offer our biggest discounts to our customers ever. However, in sending that email I omitted some very important information regarding some of the limitations of the promotion.

Below, you will find the updated promotion restrictions — in a large, legible font — with the omitted portion in red.

*Some restrictions apply: Free shipping applies only to orders shipped to zones 1-5. All other orders will receive a 10% discount on shipping. Offer valid only on orders totaling $100 or more. Some items are ineligible for the free shipping sale. These items include Bulk jars, Glass jars, Corn syrup, Assembled boxes or frames, Top bar hives, Bee-go, Swarm traps, 40 LB Box of Bee Pro Patties, Buckets, including bottling kits, 50 Lb Bag of Drivert Sugar. All questions or inquiries regarding the sale may be addressed to sales@kelleybees.com. Are you still reading this? Get your butt on the site and order now!

As you can see, this was important information to have. As our way of making apologies, Kelley's will be extending the promotion until Saturday, November 24th. Orders using the "BeeThankful" promotion code on this day will receive free shipping from zones 1 through 5.
We're grateful to have you as loyal customers, and want to wish you all the best during this holiday season.

Thanks, and Happy Beekeeping!
 Josh & the wonderful staff at the Walter T. Kelley Company

Mann lake Bees

Mann lake has 10% off all web orders on November 23 only. Use code YPUJ-F9PK.
Free shipping over $100 as usual.

http://www.mannlakeltd.com/bee-blast-savings/

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Black Friday Deals For Beekeeper for 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 10:53:36 am »
 :th_thumbsupup:

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 02:53:10 pm »
I've ordered items from each one. I like this free shipping event! :th_thumbsupup:

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 12:59:02 am »
For those of you in the Midwest, Menards is having a heck of a deal on white paint this weekend.  I just bought five 1 gallon cans at $2 each (after the mail in rebate), satin finish.  I plan to use some on house painting and some on bee hives.  It is interior paint, but I use it for bee hives just the same.  If you like flat paint, the price per gallon at Menard is $0 after rebate!  I don't care for flat paint, even for free  :-D

They're also having a good sale on sheets of polystrene, but I might be the only one buying any of that  :-D

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 10:35:27 am »
Deal on styrene huh. It is amazing how I can destroy that stuff with the table saw. May have to stop by for a look at some.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 07:24:32 pm »
I like the 1.5" thick polystyrene for my bee projects since it is easier to cut and in my experience (so far) more than sufficient to keep bees toasty warm in our climate.  I started out with 2" foam a few years ago.  The bees are like a bug in the rug in that stuff, but it seems to be overkill for Michigan; at least the Lower Peninsula  :-D

Problem is the dang extruded 1.5" thick foam normally costs the same price as the 2" stuff.  Logically it should be between the cost of a 1" slab and a 2" slab, but it's not.  I hate to spend the price of the 2" stuff to get the 1.5" stuff.  The weekend sale bumps the price of the 1.5" down to about the normal midpoint between the 1" and 2" slabs. 

I feel blessed I don't live in OH every time I go to buy foam.  The last time I was down there, the price of foam at the big box stores there was TWICE the price we pay in Michigan.  Go Wolverines!

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 03:39:03 pm »
I ordered 50 supers, 400 med frames and 400 sheets of plastic foundation from mann lake friday

anything