2 (12.5%)
Sunday August 31st
7 (43.8%)
Monday September 1st
1 (6.3%)
Make it a 2 day event?
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: B Square for Labor Day Weekend 2008.  (Read 84769 times)

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: B Square for Labor Day Weekend 2008.
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 01:53:14 am »
I could bring some grass-fed bison or other organic and/or wild game (elk, quail, etc.,. from here) as well as various raw deserts.  Obviously a lot of honey & pollen tasting!

Dane, thanks for the offer.  I have most of those things here although not ducks or geese (the wife hates them) or Bison (only have 1 1/4 acre) but we could always put the buckling on the Barbee. 

I can't say for sure that I will make this but I might like to try. My question is this? On the offhanded chance I am not working in some other place, Am I better off flying to Seattle or Vancouver?

Brendhan, If you fly into SeaTac you can catch a commuter flight to Anacortes via San Juan Airlines, aka "Fly by your Seat of your Pants."

I added another option on making it a 2 day swinger.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 12:32:00 am »
Brian, good, here it is, up to the forefront, hee, hee.  Why don't you put out a question to get a list of names of people that think they might be able to make it to your place for this barbeque.  I have a fear that this post may have become lost and many people may not even have had a chance to "read all about it", hee, hee.  Have a wonderful day in this greatest of life, our wonderful journey.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 12:54:05 am »
I have a fear that this post may have become lost and many people may not even have had a chance to "read all about it", hee, hee.  Have a wonderful day in this greatest of life, our wonderful journey.  Cindi

That and/or the people who have read/replied will forget!   :-\  That's why I always enter things like this in my scheduler... I'll get a beeping reminder 1 week in advance (jic).  8-)

I could bring some grass-fed bison or other organic and/or wild game (elk, quail, etc.,. from here) as well as various raw deserts.  Obviously a lot of honey & pollen tasting!

Dane, thanks for the offer.  I have most of those things here although not ducks or geese (the wife hates them) or Bison (only have 1 1/4 acre) but we could always put the buckling on the Barbee.

You are welcome.  If anything from Nicky's tickles your tastebuds (*did I mention they've got kangaroo, alligator, rattlesnake?? ha!) jessss lemme know.  ;)

Cheers,
Dane

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 10:12:12 am »
OH brother, sometimes I think that I can't see for looking.  I just noticed that this thread had a sticky on it and it is highlighted in blue, somewhere where it is totally visible all the time.  Did this just happen (one of you wonderful Moderators with your magical touch?), or am I just not very observant and it has always been there?  Please tell me.   I need to become more observant about things I guess, if this has always had that sticky attached to it.  Beautiful day in this beautiful life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2008, 12:56:53 am »
The moderators at work, thanks for the sticky.

Will any and all who are planning on attending please send me a PM so I can get a firm count up to this point.

I gotta start planning my BBQ menu and assorted hyjinks.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2008, 12:11:49 pm »
Brian, Ken was the one that did this wonderful job of stickying this post, yeah!!!  Good for him.  Yes, Brian, there is much planning to do, if you need any help of any kind or another, please do not forget about me, I can help, even though we are world's away, hee, hee.  Not actually, you are not too far, I am thinkin' maybe one and one half hour's drive.  Lean on me......

So, Ken said something actually kind of funneeeee and some of us will remember those days.  I was just a youngster, when this great event occurred, I was born in 1952 and this happened in 1969 (I think).  WOODSTOCK!!!!  He mentioned that maybe it will be like that.......hee, hee.......

By the time I got to Woodstock we were half a million strong!!!! 

Remember those lyrics.

Well, I certainly hope that your bbq doesn't get that big, hee, hee.  But yes, there will be many that will be meeting in the middle.  Fudalgo Island couldn't hold half a million people I would think, hee, hee.

Anyways, it will be a great weekend, and we will all have our cameras in tow, there will be pictures that will be great to share for the forum friends that can't make it, it is a long ways for some.  You go, have that beautiful and wonderful day, keep smilin'.  Cindi

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 04:41:42 pm »
thought i'd bring this back up.  :-)

also, how soon do you need a firm answer?  i think we are ok for that weekend, but sometimes my husbands schedule is unpredictable.  even if he doesn't come, i'd still like to!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2008, 12:27:46 am »
Kathy, yeah!!!  I so would love to meet you, and of course your Husband, if his schedule allows.  It is going to be a great gathering, and I think we are gonna have blast.  Have the most beautiful and wonderful day and life. Cindi

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2008, 03:38:35 am »
thought i'd bring this back up.  :-)

also, how soon do you need a firm answer?  i think we are ok for that weekend, but sometimes my husbands schedule is unpredictable.  even if he doesn't come, i'd still like to!

A weeks notice would be fine.  Hope you can make it.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2008, 10:21:29 am »
Brian, just a thought here.  Do you have a list of people that have told you that they might be able to come?  I know it is quite a long ways away yet, but I bet your bottom dollar, (only when you have a spare moment or two, hee, hee), if you put a list in here of any members that have said that they might come, it may encourage others to see that this is the "place to bee" on the Sunday before Labour Day, put the date in, so there is no mistaking exactly the weekend, hee, hee.  Just a thought for you and the days ahead.  So, have the best of these beautiful days, Cindi

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2008, 12:54:48 pm »
I'd love to come, will have to see what the schedule is like, we may have to go to Idaho to put in SMIL granite countertops.  Almost as fun as bees cause she does cutting & has some beautiful cutting horses!!  BTW she is 72 & can outride me for sure!!  An amazing woman all around
Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2008, 11:03:23 pm »
So far I have tentative attendence projected for:
Dane Bramage
KathyP
Sean Kelly
Poka-bee
Cindi
Hannah-Davida
Me--I'll be here come --- or high water.
Brendhan--depending on travel and Job which seem to be almost the same thing.

With Family and friends included that should be a real kicker.

BTW How does BBQ Rabbit sound?

If there are others contemplating about attending put your oar in the water and let me know.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2008, 10:35:02 am »
Brian, oh yea!!!  This is gonna be some fun, I bet there will be more that will come, yep, know that you will be there!!!  By the way, is this something that children will be invited to?  I have my two Grandsons that would love to come with us on a little trip.  If it is adult oriented, that is OK too, let me know.....beautiful and wonderful day, we be lovin' this life we live.  Cindi

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2008, 09:28:39 am »
My 5 grandkids will be here, I'm sure they'd like someone to play with.  I have a large fenced yard with rope swing in the crabapple tree.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2008, 09:32:42 am »
Are we cooking the kids?  :evil:

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2008, 09:46:58 am »
Are we cooking the kids?  :evil:

Sincerely,
Brendhan

I do have a kid goat we could put on the Barbie, will that suffice?

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2008, 09:51:03 am »
Brendhan, of course we are going to eat the children, why do you think we want to bring them..... :-P

Cool, Brian, a kid goat, a goat kid, hee, hee.

Brian, tell me the ages of your Grandchildren, girls, boys?.  I am hoping that they will be similar enough ages.  My youngest is 8-1/2 years and the oldest is 13-1/2 years.  Will there be children of their similar ages?  Not that I am nosey, but yes, I am actually nosey.  I may even bring a friend of my oldest Grandson.  You know what kids are like when they get a little bit older, they really like to have that old friend to chum along, would you have an objection to an additional little dude coming too?  We would be staying in our 5th wheel so we would be no burden to you......Have the best of this wonderful and great day, Cindi

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2008, 09:57:59 am »
My grandkids run from 2 1/2 to 8 years old, but if Sean Kelly brings his I believe they are a little older.  Also, since I live next to 1500 arces of what is called the Anacortes Community Forest Lands there are a lot of trails to hike and did I say we had nearly a dozen lakes on this island?  The closest, Heart Lake, is well within walking distance, and the creek from it, Ace of Hearts Creek, runs through my back pasture.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2008, 10:06:08 am »
Brian, beauty!!!  Every time I hear more about your place I get even more excited and can't wait for this event of my lifetime!!!  YOu have a world of beauty that surrounds where you live.  Aces of Hearts, what a pretty name for a little stream, beauty!!!  So, definitely, I will be bringing the kids bikes with us, they will have the times of their lives scooting around on the trails, discovering stuff, , probably dunking in the waters, oh man oh man.   I hope that Sean Kelly brings his kids.....

That is why I would like to bring my oldest Grandson's old friend along, that would give him someone his age to hang out with. My younger Grandson will love to play with your Grandchildren, yeah!!!   Wonder if Sean Kelly has boys or girls?  Gonna be such fun!!!!!  Remember, if you need help in any way, lean on me.......Have a most wonderful, beautiful day.  Cindi

Offline jimmyo

• House Bee
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2008, 09:04:43 pm »
How about posting photos for those of us thst can't make it? You should all bring your cameras. 
Jimmyo 

anything