Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Apitherapy Report  (Read 6304 times)

Offline Royall

• House Bee
  • Yes, snow in Hawaii
Re: Apitherapy Report
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 06:46:55 pm »
This is so very interesting an enlightening! I'm starting to get some achy joints and was wondering, how do you get the bee to sting? There are a few ideas in my head but would like to hear from those that do it.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2013, 07:31:19 pm »
how do you get the bee to sting? 

Use cross locking tweezers and grab the bee by the thorax.  You need to bend the tweezers so they just hold the bee snugly without crushing it.  Some folks like to have many pairs of tweezers and load all the bees they need before starting.   The just rub the but of the bee where you want the stinger.  Don't be alarmed if you get a bee or two that won't sting you, it is common, just get another one.   Leave the stingers in for 15 minutes before removing.

Don't forget to be taking plenty of vitamin C, and ice down the area you plan to sting before hand.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Royall

• House Bee
  • Yes, snow in Hawaii
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 08:38:47 pm »
Thanks Robo. What dose the Vit. C and the ice before the sting?

Offline trimman

• New Bee
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2013, 08:50:32 am »
 :-D i just reach down get it by both wings and put it on the spot to sting and it does no problem

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 09:10:09 am »
Thanks Robo. What dose the Vit. C and the ice before the sting?

Your body needs the vitamin C to react to the sting (listen to the podcasts I mentioned at the top of this thread,  Amber Rose explains better than I can).   The ice will help with pain/itching until you get use to it.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2013, 09:31:39 am »
My mom has shaking hands, its not parkinsons, I don't really know what they call it, but her hand shakes whenever she has to "use" it, like writing or drinking from a cup.  It has progressively gotten worse over the year to the point that she has to have someone else fill out any forms because you can't read her writing.  I'm pretty sure it's neurological and it is hereditary.

There is no pain, but this thread has me wondering if apitherapy might help.  Has anyone ever heard of using bee stings to help with other neurological symptoms besides pain?

Thanks!

love,
ziffa

ps.  Glad to hear your wife is getting relief.