Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: what your opinion in Kona Queen  (Read 2599 times)

Offline yaser al khuja

• New Bee
what your opinion in Kona Queen
« on: July 24, 2009, 05:27:11 pm »
what your opinion in Kona Queen it!s good ?
yk

Offline John Schwartz

• House Bee
    • The Bee Farm
Re: what your opinion in Kona Queen
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 05:38:18 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Yaser! I'm curious about your question as well.

(Adjusted profile pic size in prior post)Thanks for bringing to attention

« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 07:49:12 am by buzzbee »
―John Schwartz, theBee.Farm

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 05:45:04 pm »
what your opinion in Kona Queen it!s good ?

Yaser,

There have been past discussions on the Kona or Hawaiian Queens here, utilize your search button, you will certainly come up with some information. I personally have not tried them, so I cannot comment.  :)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 10:39:10 am »
Yaser, I had Kona queens a couple of years ago.  They worked out well.  I was told that they were massive brood makers, pretty good at honey maker babies.  I would say that they are good.  My preference is the Carniolan though, hands down.  Have that great day, love and live it, with great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Pond Creek Farm

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 10:54:21 pm »
This is the first I have heard of such queens.  Cindi, how did they fare?  Hot or gentle?  Prolific brood?  how long until you requeened, and why?

Yaser, do already have them, or are you contemplating getting a few?
Brian

Offline yaser al khuja

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 01:13:52 pm »
No i don,t have them but here in Syria some Dealers Imports this Brand from Hawaii , i`m  have Italy from Australia it`s good and it,s came to Syria in the march and this month is good to put the Queen in the heave, about kona coming to Syria in the summer the temperature it,s very hot and this time is not good to put the Queen, i well try it about  a view day after talk Cindi
yk

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 11:13:18 am »
Brian, Kona queens from Hawaii are very popular.  These queens were wonderful, gentle offspring and yes, they did raise massive amounts of brood, not as great for honey production, in my opinion.  These were the some of the colonies that I lost last winter (8 of 9), some of the colonies had Carniolan queens from California.   The Carniolan colony was the only one to come through winter.  I recall Finsky telling me to requeen the Kona queens because they were not indigenous to my area and were not built for cold.  Shoulda listened, smiling.  Have a wonderful day, love our life, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
Acts2:37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 03:47:32 pm »
Kona bees look like the wild  Italian bees around my house.
Acts2:37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation