Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ventrilo: I can't get it to work :(  (Read 2992 times)

Offline Yarra_Valley

• House Bee
Ventrilo: I can't get it to work :(
« on: August 23, 2007, 09:36:20 am »
Hi there,

Now, I'm having issues with Ventrilo. I can't get it to work, at all. First I though norton was the problem. That gave me a good reason to get rid of norton (actually I already had good reasons for that). Norton gone, now have Zone Alarm an Kaspersky AV. Still can't run it. Ok, turned them off, turned windows defender off, and windows firewall already off. Still "unable to connect". I tried using dial-up in case it was the modem firewall. still won't connect. Re-install? No, that didn't work either.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO?

Advice welcome :)
Thanks in Advance.

James.
Careful, my pets can smell your hives. 8)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: Ventrilo: I can't get it to work :(
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 01:11:45 pm »
Yarra:

There are two versions - the CLIENT is the one you want IF you are trying to talk with the forum members. Make sure you have that part correct. The Server is for IF you wish to host your own and have other people use it as their chatroom. Let us know which you are using :) Good luck.

PS... you said windows in your post, so compatability should not be an issue.

remember my IP address is 68.39.144.212 - server name is beemasterforums (you don't need the password) again, good luck. Come around in the evenings EST and you'll find the most people on to help setup the final voice settings if you need help. The whole thing should take only a minute or two.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Yarra_Valley

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 08:03:05 pm »
hi there,

Yeha I'm using the client. For some reason I had the wrong IP, which is weird because I thought I checked that like 3 times. I don't no where I got it from. the last three digits where 142, not 212. So I'd checked everything, but the problem was a simple overlook  :oops:.

see you in the chat room sometime!

James.
Careful, my pets can smell your hives. 8)

Offline Clegs

• House Bee
  • Let the good times roll!
    • CalebGo.com - Gread dissusion forums, programmers, hobbiests, or just anyone
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 12:38:30 am »
I'm using the same information, 68.39.144.212:3784 and it's not working.  I know I have ventrillo installed right because I've talked to you on it (and I just finished talking to some other guys).

I haven't been able to get it to work for quite a while.  Hopefully no one did a perma-ban on my ip  :shock:
calebgo.com - My website

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 01:10:32 pm »
Clegs we have been using buzzbees server due to technical diffulculties on the beemaster network. Kens ip for ventrilo is in the voice chat section.