Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Last Season for Breaking Bad  (Read 8479 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Last Season for Breaking Bad
« on: May 24, 2012, 07:14:16 pm »
To the fans of this incredible show, nothing was more enjoyable than last season's finale' which could have been a series finale' just as well.

This year, I know the main character Walt will be the NEW drug lord, having killed off Gus his old boss who killed off the other competition. Walt (so says TVGasm.com) will be like Scarface, finally sampling and getting addicted to his blue meth he is the "cook" of.

In the original story line, Jessie (Walt's partner) was supposed to be killed, but he became such an important character, he has been incredibly needed for plot writers and fans alike. But I think this final season he will die and who knows how that will effect Walt.

I have to say, next to OZ on HBO, Breaking Bad is my all time favorite TV show.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
Re: Last Season for Breaking Bad
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 05:38:15 pm »
I have to admit that I expected SOME posts about Breaking Bad. I think it is the best drama on TV for 4 seasons now. I know they don't just produce this for me.

I am just a hair disappointed in one thing... I thought Walt was going to get hooked on his own product and go Scarface on us. He did smoke a joint with Jessie, but I also know he is extremely aware of how great his meth is and (last season) he needed to keep a straight head - or die. Now, he's the man and has a bit more time to "experiment".

I'm making three predictions though:

1) Jessie was supposed to die in the first season, until fan-feedback made him a co-start and not expendible. Could he die now that this is the last season??? I think NOT.

2) Walt's wife Skylar has gone crazy with fear and she has shown everyone (her sister and DEA husband) that she is off her rocker - she is a liability that Walt can not afford to have around, she's always seconds away from blabbing the whole truth and my prediction is that Walt will have to kill Skylar and make it look like a suicide. That is a win win for Walt - he will be the poor husband of a mentally ill suicidal wife and also tie up his loose ends that she is creating.

3) Lastly, Walt has had it with Mike and all his old connections with Gus (Chicken Man) and Mike needs to go - and in such a way that everyone in jail or not on the payroll for keeping their mouths shut will remain silent in fear that they too will be killed in some horrible way.

The easy way for Walt to get rid of Mike is to have a setup where the DEA shoots Mike, but that isn't brutal enough, so we need to see what Walt comes up with.

Sure hope you folks queue up Breaking Bad and start watching all four seasons - It is an amazing drama on AMC.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 08:57:33 pm »
Can't watch it.   We have the dish. 

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 03:01:30 am »
A women I work with has been on me for some time to watch this series and so I placed it on my netflix list. Looking forward to watching this.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 04:14:32 pm »
I t was a real shock to fans of Breaking bad, when just DAYS before the "Final Episode" they signed another season. Not giving anything away, but a major character dies with only a few shows to go and you could see that an end was near - but with one episode to go, it became clear that unless the DEA gunned everyone down, the show couldn't end.

The did JUMP THE SHARK and bring in a new Character named Todd who is loyal and and has no ethics in killing - he is filling the void of Jessie separating himself from Walt.

It was obvious they had no plans to come back another season when they announce that all new shows will be back NEXT SUMMER - about 10 months or more away - wow.

It did have a bit off a cliff-hanger but a year until the next season is a long ways away.

Offline S.Rummings

• House Bee
    • Organic Fertilizer
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 01:28:14 pm »
When is this coming back? Next summer?

It has been off so long I am starting to wonder if I missed the last season. I DVR everything so I never really know when anything is on and if it isn't in my list of recorded shows I will never watch it. That and AMC always playing games with Dish makes me wonder what I missed.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 11:34:39 pm »
I am a few episodes away from finishing season 4. Is there more after this??

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 11:41:28 pm »
I think there is a Season 5. I just finished Season 4 the other day. Once I started watching it on Netflix, I couldnt stop. One of the best series Ive ever watched.

Im a couple seasons into Sons of Anarchy...pretty good, but Breaking Bad is way more intense.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 02:19:32 pm »
there are 15 episodes to season 5 and you'll be up to date. Season six supposed to be 8 episodes to finish the series.

How do you like it Annette? The characters are perfect together, and you still have tons of action to go - Season 4's ending is amazing.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 08:25:56 pm »
there are 15 episodes to season 5 and you'll be up to date. Season six supposed to be 8 episodes to finish the series.

How do you like it Annette? The characters are perfect together, and you still have tons of action to go - Season 4's ending is amazing.

I am addicted to it is all I can say. I have been watching every night to catch up. I still have a few more episodes of season 4 to go.  I just love the character of Walt. This actor is amazing. I think his wife is fabulous as well and I truly enjoy the brother in law, named Hank. I find him very funny. I was never in love with Jessie and will not miss him if they decide to kill him. I actually cannot believe I am watching this as it is a bit darker and violent than most things I watch.

The acting is incredible, so believable.  I am glad there as more seasons to watch. Netflix does not have season 5 yet so have to wait on that.

Thanks for sharing about this series. Have you seen Dexter yet?? My brother is watching this and enjoying this immensely. I was thinking of getting started on Dexter while I wait for season 5 of breaking bad.

Since I installed this little device called "NeoTV" onto my TV set I can now watch my streaming movies from Netflix right on my wide screen TV. Prior to installing this device, I was watching the series on my laptop.

Take care and stay in touch

Annette :rainbowflower:

PS. Walt would never kill Skylar as I truly believe he loves her. I am a romantic!!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 06:08:47 pm »
Yes Annette, breaking bad does get better and better. The cast is incredible, and Jesse has a very important role he's sort of a checks and balance for Walt, even though you may not see it many times walt decisions are made based on what Jesse would do. As the last season comes in his season major differences, and some jumping the shark. I still think that you'll like to show all the way to the finale and although it's next summer when it comes back for a half of season at least now we know that Walt is pretty much the Scarface character of the show and it'll be interesting to see what he does with that kind of power. Glad you like it.

I find the character gusts very entertaining, he played it yet he plays this part very very well. Extremely dry, very self-conscious and almost as if he sees the future. There's one scene probably still coming up for you which doesn't give the plot away, where Gus walks  toward  sharpshooter shooting bullets at him not afraid that he'll be hit because he understands situations So well. You get the feeling that he's in viral ball, or at least believes that he is. It's just that he really understands the whole situation and it's up to Walt to get one step ahead of him, and that's probably walt's major concern in this entire proposition of having to work for Gus's interesting show.

It is interesting how Walt often has to come to Jesse for advice, although it never seems that he's actually asking for it he hints around long enough and Jesse gives it, because Walt needs that additional advice in order to keep himself level and make sense with the rest of the world. I like Jesse is a character it's beginning in type of character he's very opposite but respectful of Walt I like that.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 03:18:04 pm »
thanks for your input. I haven't been able to watch this past week. Too much happening around here. Will get back to it soon.

Annette

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 11:22:00 pm »
I recently got into watching it a few weeks ago and finished all four seasons offered on Netflix. Loved it. Now I gotta wait on the remaining season to get released on Netflix. Then I got into Sons of Anarchy...its ok..Breaking Bad is way better though.

Offline josediaz

• New Bee
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 01:21:43 pm »
just finished watching the last episode.... very sad that the show ended

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 04:22:20 pm »
It was good to see that they tied up all the lose ends in the series. I don't buy that Walt was such a genius to figure the whole gun in trunk thing out, and slipping the drugs in her drink - but glad they did all that stuff. Even getting his old business partners back was a nice touch.

It ended well and the series had few poor episodes (unlike the Sopranos) which I though had some terrible seasons, not just episodes. Breaking Bad goes down as the top series ever.

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 09:37:55 am »
Just finished this series on netflix. It was by far one of the most well written shows to hit television. I'm sad to see it end

Keith

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 11:16:47 am »
i started watching it as my workout distraction, but got distracted from it by The Killing.  It's been really great, but I'm almost through it and will go back to Breaking Bad. 

if you are at a loss for another series to watch, The Killing really kept my attention.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 11:46:21 am »
tHE kILLING IS VERY GOOD TOO. tHE CHARACTERS AND THEME OF THE SHOW ARE VERY BANAL

wATCHING EACH EPISODE DOESN'T LEAVE YOU FEELING HAPPY, MORE DEPRESSED THAT ANYTHING, BUT THAT SHOWS THAT THE SHOW EFFECTED YOU, DREW you in to this seedy world.

It got especially tough last season following the run away teens. But it gave a feeling of reality that most series just miss out on.

A very good series on Hulu is called MOTIVE - they show you the killer and victum both alive and well and interestingly they appear to have no connection to each other. Lauren Holly (from Picket Fences - a show I liked as well so many years ago) stars as a detective with a partner who each has a bit of a crush on, who tries to solve the crimes. We get to sit back and figure HOW the victim and killer got to the point where the coroner was needed.

We are also watching MI-5 a BBC show that deals with all the modern British technology to thwart crimes against humanity - well acted and good scripts.

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 09:13:00 am »
Too many shows... not enough time!

Never watched this series although a friend of mine has talked about it. Maybe I need to start watching it on netflix...

...DOUG
KD4MOJ