Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Oviedo removal  (Read 2974 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Oviedo removal
« on: February 13, 2013, 02:25:01 pm »
With the weather this winter we really never had to slow down on removals. Peggy's injuries have been the only limiting factor.

I got a call from the Oviedo police dept on New Year's Day and as it was (in their estimation anyway) a matter of public safety I got right on it. I had both police and fire units there and police tape all over the place as this was probably the biggest event for them in a year :-D The whole neighborhood came out and after it was said and done we had a great little party in the street.

Oviedo bees

I've got more removals "in the can" just haven't edited them yet.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Oviedo removal
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 04:44:30 pm »
Looked like most of those comb sections pulled right on out. Looked like a lot of fun, can't wait to be removing them again with you at Bud5. Great video buddy!

You get the queen yet?

How many times you been stung?

The number one questions we always seem to get.  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Moots

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 06:01:18 pm »
Hardwood,
Nice video...Did you end up having the queen or not?

I'm still amazed every time I see you and JP do the "hand full of bees move"....that's CRAZY COOL!

JP,
I guess each hobby has it's set of standard questions....I've done a fair amount of road cycling, which always draws one of the same three questions, if not all three....

1) How fast do you ride?
2) How far do you ride?
3) What do you do when you get a flat tire?

On the bee front, I've shown a number of your video's to a number of friends.  The standard question is "Why isn't he getting stung?'.  That's one I'm unable to answer and still trying to figure out myself.  :)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 07:15:36 pm »
Thanks y'all. Yeah, queenie is just fine and laying up a storm right now. I must have either "pawed" her in there without noticing or she made her own way into the box...dunno, it was really dark by the time I got done and I was rushing a bit more than I like. She's smaller than most but she's a good producer.

I got stung a few times on this one (as with most removals) but as I recall they were all my fault. I don't think bees like to be pinched or leaned on :-D

Moots, it's not that we don't get stung...we just don't whine about it much :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 08:17:30 pm »
Thanks for another vid Scott.

Glad you have some more vids "in the can", can't wait to watch them.

James

P.S.  Tell Peg I hope she is doing better.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:40:18 pm by jmblakeney »
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 11:07:52 pm »
Another great video. 

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 08:54:15 am »
Better than watching TV. Most of your removals always seem close to the ground Scott. Wish we were that lucky. All ours, require an extension ladder for some reason.

Offline D Semple

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 09:58:48 am »
Nice job Scott, looked like a lot of crooked comb.

Let Peg know we are missing her, hope she is well enough to join you soon.

Don

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 08:25:18 pm »
Thanks again everyone! Don, keep the good thoughts comin'...Peggy's healing up the best she can and the Doc is happy with her progress. We're keeping our fingers crossed that she'll be able to use crutches by the time Bud5 rolls around. I sure do miss her on these removals!

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

anything