Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Apitherapy Report  (Read 6375 times)

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
Apitherapy Report
« on: October 31, 2013, 03:41:22 pm »
I have been researching Apitherapy mainly bee venom/sting therapy. My Wife suffers from a condition called Fibromyalgia. From what I have been able to ascertain, this condition causes pain in different areas of the body mainly joint and muscle. She has been to several different Doctors and is taking various medications with limited success. Three nights ago, I came home from work to find her hurting so bad that she was crying. The last time this happened she had herniated a disk in her neck between C6 and C7. This required surgery the next day to correct.
Anyway enough with the background. We have been told that fibromyalgia is a neurological disorder that is basically over stimulated nerves that the brain equates to pain. I have read reports that claim that bee venom had provided relief to sufferers of MS which is another neurological disorder.
After the last attack, I finally was able to talk her into giving the bees a try. The results were immediate and profound. The pain in her hands disappeared almost immediately. We have been using stings to treat some pain sites like local anesthetic others pain was dissipated with a couple of shots to the shoulder. The total number of shot she has received are seven in two days. At first she made little girl noises when she took a sting, now she comes to me and points out the area for the next one. Her reactions to the stings are minimal, much less than mine.
I don't know if this information will be helpful or not but, I felt that it needed to be shared.
Later,
Ray

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: Apitherapy Report
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 04:38:20 pm »
I too found relief using bee stings when I had neurological Lyme.   I was fortunate enough to meet and be taught by Dr. Amber Rose who travelled the world with Charlie Mraz practicing bee venom therapy.     Amber is an acupuncturist who uses bee stings instead of needles on the meridian points.

We have done two podcasts with her at Wildlife Pro Network which can be found here -> http://beevac.com/wildlife-pro-network-beekeeping-podcasts/ 

They are well worth a listen if you have the time.   
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
Re: Re: Apitherapy Report
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 05:18:04 pm »
Thanks Robo, I'll check it out.
Later,
Ray

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 05:37:13 pm »
Bee stings as a means to keep chronic pain in check is 'just one' reason I still keep bees.  Unfortunately I usually have to encourage them to sting as I rarely get stung in anger anymore.  Only received a few this season in anger, all were my fault...and on my feet  :laugh:.  Ideally the sting should be at the pain site based on some material I've read but I've gotten some relief from any sting anywhere.  I also see a acupuncturist regularly, she;s amazing.  I'll have to tell her about bee stings instead of needles.  Between her and the occasional bee venom I've cut consumption of narcotic pain meds by at least 2/3 over the last 7-10 years.

I'm a believer.  The Beek I used to pick up package bees from, a physician from Minnesota, did his thesis in apitherapy and helped develop new methods to use cortisone based on that research.

Thanks for the links!
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 08:11:00 pm »
Dr. Amber Rose also wrote a book of the subject called "Bee in Balance".  It is kind of hard to find and quite expensive if you can find a copy.   Her website is http://foreveramberrose.com/
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 09:47:34 pm »
Pretty dang interesting! The most I've ever been stung in one day was either 5 or 7 times, I think five. I slept like an innocent child that night, and I NEVER sleep all the way through a night. I may have got up one time to pee that night.

I wonder what would happen if you dried bees out then rolled 'em up and smoked them?

(sorry, the last sentence was just a flash back from my teenage days)
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 10:04:47 pm »
Pretty dang interesting! The most I've ever been stung in one day was either 5 or 7 times, I think five. I slept like an innocent child that night, and I NEVER sleep all the way through a night. I may have got up one time to pee that night.

I wonder what would happen if you dried bees out then rolled 'em up and smoked them?

(sorry, the last sentence was just a flash back from my teenage days)

OMG!!! Let me know how it works out for you. :-D

Seriously, this stuff really helped her out.
Later,
Ray

Offline RC

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 10:10:35 pm »
Be careful,GSF. The NSA just put a red flag by your name when they read that post. You're gonna get audited.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 10:12:49 pm »
I have used bee stings for my arthritis for years. My wife started using them about 2years ago. They work quite well for us.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline MsCarol

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 01:26:12 am »
Fascinating subject,

Anecdotal tale:

As a brand new beek, I have thus far only been stung twice. Both my fault for squashing. First time through the glove and no big deal. Second time I was on the ground peering at the bottom of the hive (screen bottom) trying to determine what was going on. Backing out from under the stand I stuck my forearm smack on a bee and she nailed me.  :shock: It swelled, it hurt, it itched but on I went with the day.

After years of abuse of hand milking both hands normally creak like rusted hinges in the morning. But the next morning the "stung" side was NOTICEABLY freer moving. Enough to elicit comments to friends. I am not sure I want to make a steady habit of it, but I BELIEVE there is actually something to it.

Now I guess I should go read up as I already "tried the pudding" so now need the proof.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 06:25:27 am »
MsCarol, I too got stung the same way you did by trying to look through the bottom screen.

I believe there's something to bee stings. Too many experienced people talking about it.

Years ago a fellow from the University of Alabama spent a great deal of time with an older (80's) gentleman by the name of Tommy Boone. He was known for his herbal remedies. The USDA came in and made him re-label some of his herbal products. They told him he couldn't say it "cured" anything because there was no scientific proof that it did. He told them he didn't need to read it in a book because he's saw it work for years. Part of his philosophy was, The good lord made everything from the ground so our healing probably comes from there to.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 06:32:26 am »
MsCarol, I too got stung the same way you did by trying to look through the bottom screen.

I believe there's something to bee stings. Too many experienced people talking about it.

Years ago a fellow from the University of Alabama spent a great deal of time with an older (80's) gentleman by the name of Tommy Boone. He was known for his herbal remedies. The USDA came in and made him re-label some of his herbal products. They told him he couldn't say it "cured" anything because there was no scientific proof that it did. He told them he didn't need to read it in a book because he's saw it work for years. Part of his philosophy was, The good lord made everything from the ground so our healing probably comes from there to.

Thanks for this post.  IMO; if USDA (or FDA) had been around 500 years ago they would have led the Witch Burning Charge or at least been the Church's number one 'partner' in crime.  Humanity has slowly disconnected from the natural world ever since, taking it all for granted........... :(
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline o.molchanov

• New Bee
    • Apiary Manager
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 06:43:39 am »
Great, thanks for the information. I hope that everything will be fine with your wife and you will provide the appropriate treatment.

I have read reports that claim that bee venom had provided relief to sufferers of MS which is another neurological disorder.

It would be great if you can share these reports. I also is interested in apitherapy and want to read somehting which really works. Thanks in advance!

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 06:51:05 am »
Interesting thread. X:X

Sorry to hear about the folks in pain.  Not there myself, but have some older relatives with chronic pain.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 11:27:04 am »
I was up to 11 stings at a time twice a week.   You need to start out slow and work your way up.  Also make sure you take at least 4000mg of vitamin C every day.

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 04:26:33 pm »
Great, thanks for the information. I hope that everything will be fine with your wife and you will provide the appropriate treatment.

I have read reports that claim that bee venom had provided relief to sufferers of MS which is another neurological disorder.

It would be great if you can share these reports. I also is interested in apitherapy and want to read somehting which really works. Thanks in advance!

All I did was google apitherapy and MS. If you have problems let me know.
Later,
Ray

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 06:57:52 am »
One of my sisters has LUPUS(sp). She is wanting try this. I haven't read any of the links is there a certain number of stings one would need for different ailments?

Offline splitrock

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 07:13:04 am »
Well, if she has the symptoms in her joints she may benefit. IMHO, I think it would be wise to start with one sting to a problem area, and see what happens. You can always give another, but you can't take any back.

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 11:16:19 am »
it's part of why i got back into it.  arthritis is bad in my family and mine has really started kicking in over the last 5 or 6 years.  one of the people i learned beekeeping from was a professor at auburn. george blake ran the apiary studies department and  i remember being 14 and knowing everything and laughing when he was stinging his knee.  i don't laugh now.  anyway, i've been taking celebrex every day since the fall of 09 and now i'm a little over a year back into beekeeping and i haven't taken any celebrex in about 2 months.  how much of that is due to dealing with chronic pain?  i don't really know. i do know that back around 2000 when i was having pain in a knee and an elbow i could go to the hives and get about 3 stings and have a couple of days relief.

Offline trimman

• New Bee
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2013, 12:07:39 pm »
I also use bees to keep my arthritis in check works real well and i have other people come over to have me sting them knees elbows etc it works

anything