Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: filling honey jars  (Read 4445 times)

Offline Misko

• New Bee
filling honey jars
« on: November 25, 2007, 06:47:07 am »
How do fill you jars with honey? I'm thinking to build a filling mashine but i want something lowcost.  :-D
The main problem is what kind of pump to use and how to regulate it?   
Sory for my bad english.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: filling honey jars
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 10:49:29 am »
As it comes out of the extractor I run it through the strainer into half gallon jars. I will then use a funnel and pour it into my bears or mason jars. No pump needed.
You can get pumps from Dadant or Gainger. The pumps are equal to hydralic pumps because of the viscosity of honey.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 10:32:34 pm »
How much honey are we talking about? I know people that use a bucket with a gate-valve and some bottle from a drum with a gate valve-I use a heated tank with a valve -this is a good pump because you dont have to heat the honey-http://www.mannlakeltd.com/catalog/page14.html           

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 10:33:58 pm »

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 01:38:25 pm »
Extract then immediately strain into a bucket with gate, then after it settles a few days, or more, I just pour it in what ever container I'm using.
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 03:28:49 pm »
Extract then immediately strain into a bucket with gate, then after it settles a few days, or more, I just pour it in what ever container I'm using.
And then store in the freezer so that they don't all crystallize immediately.

Sure, it is a bit of work when filling honeybears, but unless you are planning on doing 1000's of containers it is probably the most economical.

Otherwise, if you are talking commercial, there are big machines that do all that for you.

Rick
Rick

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 12:52:54 am »
   OOOOPPPS! :oops:  Forgot to mention the freezing part.   My wife will not be happy if I use the whole deep freeze (if I get enough) for honey and we have to get another, ain't gonna happen :-P.
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

anything