Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Colorado  (Read 1913 times)

Offline hopemore

• Brood
Hello from Colorado
« on: May 16, 2009, 11:53:30 pm »
Hi, I'm going into my fourth year of beekeeping this summer.  I started with a feral colony that had invaded an old chimney in our house, added 4 new hives the next year; caught 2 swarms from the original feral hive for 7 last year.  I lost 3 hives over the winter - not CCD - I think that the nucs I bought had Africanized bees which don't do so well in Colorado - certainly one of the hives was especially aggressive, so I wasn't sorry to lost that one.  Bought some more nucs this year so I'm now up to 10 hives - in back yard up against foothills.  I'm doing this with a few friends, so we share the learning and the honey.  Hope

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: Hello from Colorado
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 12:50:07 am »
Welcome. Feel free to ask questions and comment. Tell us more about your "friends" arrangement concerning the hives. 

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 07:32:52 am »
Hello and Welcome Hopemore   
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny   

Offline dirtyanklebeekeeper

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 10:05:48 am »
Welcome
Damien

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 06:10:52 pm »
Welcome, you will find alot of great people here that will answer all your questions and since you have some experience you probably have some knowledge to share as well.
Good luck with your new hives. :)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 12:46:35 pm »
Hopemore, welcome to our forum, great you found us.  Only one post, come on back.  With your four years among the bees, you will have stuff to contribute, a tale or two to tell, experiences.  We love to listen, we learn too from posts of others.  Stick around, you will enjoy your stay here.  Have a wonderful and most awesome day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service