Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: When Cats talk and other wierd stuff  (Read 77106 times)

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• New Bee
Re: When Cats talk and other wierd stuff
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2008, 01:14:23 am »
Pets are smarter the we think they are. I have noticed that my dogs and cats barks and meows sound differant depending on their mood and what they are trying to convey. As if they are trying to tell us something but dont have the vocal compacity to do so.

I can tell they learn what many of our words mean without us even teaching them. My black lab/shepard mix dog displays his understanding of english a lot.

Examples:

- I can say "it is time to go down the lane to get her from the school bus" and he runs to the door and once outside he runs to the truck to get in.

-He gets all excited and jumps around barking when we mention the word " 4 wheeling" because he knows that means he gets to run and chase after us.

- He flips out with happiness when I tell him he can go for a ride, or go to town with me.

-He knows what potty, poop, go to the porch and many other words mean.

He also understand some sing language that I use often.

I had a dog who used to let me know when I was about to get sick. He would start acting weird about 2 days before any sickness I was about to get. He would always sleep at the bottom of the steps and patrol the house protecting us. But when I was going to come down sick he would lay right on top of my legs when I was in bed and follow me around every where and stuff like that. Then once I got sick he would still stay close. Then once I was better he would go back to being his regular self.

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2008, 03:51:32 am »
Yo quiero papitas.  it's quicker.
Yo quiero huevos fritos con patatas! Por pedir.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2008, 01:59:04 am »
Yo quiero papitas.  it's quicker.
Yo quiero huevos fritos con patatas! Por pedir.

That's breakfast, fried eggs and potatoes.  Papitas is Cental American Spanishfor little potatoes (aka french fries)--Patatas is Europian Spanish for potatoes.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2008, 11:03:47 am »

I had a dog who used to let me know when I was about to get sick. He would start acting weird about 2 days before any sickness I was about to get. He would always sleep at the bottom of the steps and patrol the house protecting us. But when I was going to come down sick he would lay right on top of my legs when I was in bed and follow me around every where and stuff like that. Then once I got sick he would still stay close. Then once I was better he would go back to being his regular self.

BJ, now that was a very interesting statement.  I recall seeing a documentary or something like that some time ago and they were using dogs to sniff out cancer in patients.  This was quite a long time ago, I do not recall the details, but I was so thunderstruck by this thought that memory has lingered.

Dogs are the most wonderful animal on earth, I love dogs, they are something else to watch and listen to, they are intelligent and very intuitive.  I love to hear the stories of these guys, man's best friend, and this they surely are.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, on this greatest of the planets, Earth.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2008, 02:31:02 am »
With 5 grandkids here I'm having to learn a whole new language.  The oldest is 8 and the youngest 2 and they seem to have their own language, the twin boys don't even have to say anything just wibble and finger or look at the other one.  Why is it that Grandparents have such a hard time unstanding their grandkids.  Honestly, if their mother isn't there to interpet for me I can't understand a word.  The other thing is that the more I ask them to speak up (grandpa's hard of hearing too) the more they seem to whisper. 

Up to recently I wasn't aware that grandchildese was a foreign language.  Do you realize I can now understand the cat and dog better than I can my own grandkids who are supposed to be speaking English.  The Spanish I can handle, when they speak that, it's their English I can't fathom.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2008, 09:38:44 am »
Brian, ha, ha, ha, that was funnnneeeeee. Now I think that Grandchildren are a little bit of the alien species mixed in with some human for sure too.  Their lingo is craziness, right from the get go, don't know why, don't care to know why, will never know why.  Eeeks, those darn kids!!!  So nice that they can be staying with you, but 5, eeeks!!!  Now you are surely gonna be right straight out of your mind.  Why are they staying with you?  A holiday, not spring break yet, is it?  Try living with them 20 feet from your house, hee, hee.  I think sometimes they might as well move in here, they are here so much.  And every Friday night, it is a given that they stay over, and sometimes it just carries onto Saturday.  They would never go home if they didn't have to.

The come over in the morning for breakfast before school.  They lump around in our bed watching TV, their Grandma co-totes to them hand in foot.  Breakfast in bed, TV coming out their ears, lunches readied, a kick in the bum as they are going out the door to go to school, ooops, did I say that.  Kids......

Actually, I am a blessed woman to have my Grandsons so close.  For that I am ever so grateful.  The other morning the youngest one (8 years old), as I was making him some breakfast and he was watching me, got very sentimental.  He told me that he thought he was so lucky to have his Grandma living right beside him.  He is my little softie, he is my sensitive child, his older Brother is too, they get that from my side of my family.  We are a weepy crew, sensitive and loving.  All I have to do is think about my family and my eyes get blurry, eeeks!!!  Like right now.  That makes it tough to type when I can't really see.  Oh brother.......like JohnnyBigFish said, I bet shut up, or I'm gonna be bawling my eyes out in a minute, hee, hee.  You know, I never meant to ramble here, I just can't help it.

When I saw the title of your post, I remembered this post and I remembered the weird stuff that you said about your understanding of the animals talking, it made me hurry to open the post and read some more.  I knew it would have more weird stuff in it, and it did!!!  Yeah!!!  Good for you, take us to that wild side.....

Brian, aren't Grandchildren just the most wonderful little critters in this world.  I can't say enough about how much different they are than raising our own.  What a thing.....have the most beautiful and awesome day, loving our lives we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2008, 11:46:36 am »
My daughter, her other part, and their two kids are living here with us the GPs. I understand the kids better than the parents do. I really worry about their learning curve as to what kids can and will do. I'll be off in another room and I know what is going on and what is going to happen. (I raised six kids) but the parents while in the same room act surprised when it happens. Just as they did yesterday. And probably will again tomorrow.   :roll: Parent  :roll: They just never learn.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2008, 02:22:31 am »
My grandkids are here because my daughter is going to Western Washington University in Bellingham to become a Music Teacher (unlike me she can carry a tune) and she's seperated from their father--it's a long story.

My place is a real ZOO!!  I have goats, chickens, pigeons, bees, orchard, garden, daugther and grandkids have returned to the hive and a son still at home.  The topper is my younger brother who thinks he's a woman who lives in what used to be the woodshop behind the garage but is now a studio apartment. 

Who needs nut trees when he has a brother like that.  BTW, I'm planting 2 hazelnut bushes.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2008, 09:48:06 am »
Brian, yep, sounds like you have a real zoo. Funny how the children return to the nest.  Mine have and still one is still here with Husband and two Sons in tow.  They have lived in a mobile home that my Husband built a huge addition to, that is about 20 feet from our house.  Thanks to the lucky stars above we all get along really well.

You have lots of cool stuff at your place.  I bet your Grandchildren have the time of their lives.  Now, about your Brother, I wouldn't worry too much about him until he begins to donn women's clothing, or has he, hee, hee.....to each their own.  Have a wonderful and greatest of this awesome day, our sun has been shinin' yesterday, will today, and will tomorrow, and then......rain mixed with sunny periods.  Well, at least it is not snow like Frantz.  Did you see those pictures of the huge snow walls?  Cindi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2008, 10:09:59 am »
Brian, you will need to just love that brother like the sister you never had. My wife and I have caught a few shows about that and these types live with major inner turmoil, he/she needs your support, is still your blood. I'm not in your shoes so I don't know what you're feeling about this, but one thing I know is that family must stick together. I have a relative who I love dearly that walked down a path of petty crime, got mixed up with the wrong people, an easily influenced type. I have given that person enough chances but I draw the line when it comes to crime and thievery. If I can trust you, you're alright in my book, even if you're wearing a dress. To each his own. Have a good day.

Sincerely, JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2008, 02:08:45 pm »
Well said, Jp and Cindi,

Have to love each other for what we are with all our differences. Actually, I love differences.

Have a great day
Annette

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2008, 12:22:27 am »
Brian, yep, sounds like you have a real zoo. Funny how the children return to the nest.  Mine have and still one is still here with Husband and two Sons in tow.  They have lived in a mobile home that my Husband built a huge addition to, that is about 20 feet from our house.  Thanks to the lucky stars above we all get along really well.

You have lots of cool stuff at your place.  I bet your Grandchildren have the time of their lives.  Now, about your Brother, I wouldn't worry too much about him until he begins to donn women's clothing, or has he, hee, hee.....to each their own.  Have a wonderful and greatest of this awesome day, our sun has been shinin' yesterday, will today, and will tomorrow, and then......rain mixed with sunny periods.  Well, at least it is not snow like Frantz.  Did you see those pictures of the huge snow walls?  Cindi

He not only dresses like a woman, his dirvers license now sports a F under sex, and on Sundays he/she dresses up as a Nun.
I have one sister--an cousin my parents adopted because my uncle (her father) was a dead beat--and I grew up with 3 brothers.  My grandkids are very confused about the whole thing.  Uncle N is now Aunt L and acts weird.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 01:19:29 am »
Update:

I was out working on the new rabbit hutches and the nanny was busy blatting with an occasional rejoiner from the doeling.  The blatting gets more presistant and the next thing I know she's saying, "feed me, feed me, feed me.....!"  So I fed her and she shut up.
Meanwhile the California quail are down by the creek chirpping "help me, help me, help me....."  so I went to see if one of them was drowning. 
I come in the house and the washingmachine is chugging away with, "give me the tree bark, give me the tree bark,...." The it changes cycle and begins to chant "The duck does the waddle, the duck does the waddle...."  At least it was starting to make sense.
I go back outside and crank up the jig saw and it begins chattering with, "I'm Jack Daniels, I'm Jack Daniels...." and I'm thinking "I need a Jack Daniels."

Why is it that such repitious sounds begin to sound like speech after awhile?

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2008, 01:35:29 am »
Man, Brian, quit it now, you're cracking me up, my ribs hurt!!! ;) :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2008, 11:12:46 am »
Brian, I am hearin' what you are sayin', I can sometimes make words come out of the big blue yonder too!!!  But let me tell you dude!!!  Your imagination is beyond what I could ever believe, that child in you comes forth, yeah, gotta love that child within!!!!  Tell us more about when cats talk and other weird stuff happens as you come across it, it certainly puts an interesting fling into life!!!!  Beautiful day in this beautiful life.  Cindi

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2008, 08:27:41 am »
Maybe Jack Daniels has something to do with it  :shock:
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2008, 01:42:47 am »
Saturday, April 26, my daughter Barbara was working in the garden, planting veggies in out new raised beds and enjoying watching the bees in the beeyard just off the garden.  I went out to ask her if she wanted to go her packaged bees with me and she said, "If I go with you I don't get the garden planted, so no."  Just then I hear that familiar call and said, "Hear the Quail? He's donw in the blackberry bushes by the creek."  She tries imitating the sound, "Kookaloo, Kookaloo."  I said, "No, that's papa and he's saying 'I'm over here, I'm over here!'"  I no sooner say that then a small bevy a quail fly over our heads pratically knocking my hat off.  The land in the blackberry bushes and disappear, I said, "See!"

I am beginning to think I have developed a new mental disturbance which I'll name, appropriately, "The Doolittle Syndrome."  Has to be all those head injuries.  The thing is, the more I hear the animals chatter the easier I understand what they are saying.

This morning I looked out and saw the male Quail perched on top of the gate post beside my truck which was parked next to the pigeon pen.  I think he was asking the pigeons for directions on how to spot cars but I didn't go outside to listen so I'm just going by what it looked like.

My future son-in-law was working outside weedwacking and wanted to know what was whistling--I told him it was the Turkey poults. They were calling for food.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 10:51:25 pm »
Brian,oh that is so funnneee!!!  I am sure that you are getting a new disturbance in your mind, but whooooooeeeeee, that is cool and that is an adventure right there in itself.  You may get a new name, other than Dad, Grandpa or Brian, like you said, Daddy Doolittle!!! You have the most interesting posts that you write in here, I always love to listen to you speak.  Beautiful and most wonderful day in our lives.  Cindi

Offline the kid

• House Bee
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2008, 11:35:38 pm »
Abejaruco, I think that is how the roosters in other countries crow.  My Brother-in-Law and my Nephew-in-Law both say that is how their roosters crow.  Keekeereekee.   The both say it identically and I was shocked when I heard this, I am serious!!!!!   I only know the rooster crow as "cockadoodledoo".  How can they be so very different?  They are the same birds, hmmmm.....Have a wonderful and best of this great day, love life.  Cindi

I have been told  that each country has its own imatation of the sounds that things make .
the kid

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2008, 02:03:14 am »
Abejaruco, I think that is how the roosters in other countries crow.  My Brother-in-Law and my Nephew-in-Law both say that is how their roosters crow.  Keekeereekee.   The both say it identically and I was shocked when I heard this, I am serious!!!!!   I only know the rooster crow as "cockadoodledoo".  How can they be so very different?  They are the same birds, hmmmm.....Have a wonderful and best of this great day, love life.  Cindi

I have been told  that each country has its own imatation of the sounds that things make .
the kid

The Indians of the Pacific Northwest used a trade language called Chinook Jargon.  It is an automotopia language, automotopia means, spelled like it sounds.  The language was spoken from Northern California to Southern Alaska.  The word for geese was Kalakala (listen to a flight of geese flying overhead) and a small bird was a chee-chee.  A bear was called Woots and if you've every heard a bear snort you'd understand why.  A Grizzelly bear was called Hyas Woots (Big Bear), a brown bear was called Itswoots and a raccoon was called a Chuckwoots or waterbear.  A word like Pilchuck could have two meanings--red water or copper creek since copper and brass was called red metal.  Skookumchuck had 2 meanings--strong water or rapids depending on the type of water, i.e. the tide runs through Desception Pass  (between Whidbey and Fidalgo Islands) which can run 12 knots would be strong water where in a river in would more likely mean rapids.  A lot of people think skookum means good (I've seen it used as such in more than one novel about the PNW) but it really means strong, the word for good is Kloosche.

In Chinook Jargon that Randy Travis song "Forever and Ever, Amen," would be Kuawnesum, Kuawnesum; which the same thing.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 12:30:17 am by Brian D. Bray »

anything